Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   UFOs (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ufos-t237585.html)

dcquilter 12-28-2013 09:07 AM

UFOs

So I counted up all the quilts I have started but not finished, and all the quilts I have all the fabric for but haven't started yet, and if I finish one every two months, I have enough projects to last for NINE years! This doesn't include wall hangings or table runners. I had no idea I had THAT many! Guess I better get started!
For motivation, I have pledged not to buy any new fabric until I have completed at least 5 of these projects. That will be hard!
Anyone else have too many UFOs?

DOTTYMO 12-28-2013 09:40 AM

I have a few, 20 + but they are all tops I have made. Once I have mastered the new technique on the top I have runout of interest as it is the mastering a new technique. I have no kits as these do t satisfy my splitter for new ways of quilting.

DebbE 12-28-2013 09:48 AM

Oodles of UFO's, but waiting till I have more time (or retire, which is in 8+ years) to finish up some of them, as its hand quilting on several of those.

ManiacQuilter2 12-28-2013 09:59 AM

dcquilter, don't put such a harsh proportions of getting things done. Do something MORE of what you will succeed !!! I am not buying any more fabric except if I need something to finish. I have done it where I finish TWO UFOs and then I can start on something new. If that gets put aside, then it is time to pick another two UFOs to finished. It is just like going on a diet. Make levels of success which are easier to achieve. If you think you can handle five at a time, then go for it !! Good Luck !! I will be a couple of steps behind you.

Tartan 12-28-2013 10:24 AM

I have been working on mine and have them down to under 10. 3 of those are tops that need to be quilted so they will take a while......and that's only if some awesome new idea isn't posted on QB.:D

Quossum 12-28-2013 11:56 AM

I have many UFO's, from partially cut fabric and random completed squares in boxes, up to completed tops that just need quilting. I try to get back to them every once in a while, but really, my only resolution is to not create *more* UFO's, and instead to try and see new projects to the end when I start one these days.

--Q

Jo C 12-28-2013 12:16 PM

15 tops to be completed, 18 quilts all "kitted", 6 in progress.....sheesh....i won't live long enough. I'm right there with y'all! Jo in NC

Jan in VA 12-28-2013 12:17 PM

Oh, Lord, YES....way too many!
Having not much else these days, I consider these part of the "inheritance" I'll pass along! LOL! :D The next generation can "finish them off". :thumbup:

Jan in VA

Shelbie 12-28-2013 12:30 PM

I've never counted mine and maybe that is a good thing. I do know that I have two of the very largest Rubbbermaid containers full of completed tops, two medium containers full of blocks and sets of blocks and numerous smaller bins with completed blocks and cut sashings and borders packed with the remaining yardage for that quilt. I just keep plugging away at them (finished 10 large quilts and 6 crib quilts this year) and refuse to get stressed about them. I will finish them, re-purpose them or give them away (someday)!

maryjane 12-28-2013 12:38 PM

Goodness Yes! I call myself a scatter-crafter because I have so many types of crafts I love to do. I finish some but often lose enthusiasm for one type of craft in the midst of projects. Oh pretty let's do that now! As of today I have about 180 projects of different types waiting to be finished. That would be quilting, sewing, knitting, crochet, cross stitch, needlepoint, beading and 3 or 4 other crafts. Needless to say I have more than enough to keep me busy.