Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Ugh--more half sq triangles (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/ugh-more-half-sq-triangles-t66605.html)

franie 09-24-2010 05:05 PM

I only did half of the 192 2-1/2" half-sq triangles I needed for 12 blocks. Don't have enough fabric of what I have so some will be dif. But talk about burn out! I always do mine larger and trim down--ugh more trimming. I don't mind the sewing but the trimming gets old. Now how come I did not do my math correctly to begin with? The hostess this half yearly exchange chose Thimbleberries. My block has a zillion pieces as reported above! Dark civil war fabrics are the order of the day and I do not have a lot of them--just hope I can find something in my stash to finish the rest of them. It's not like I can get out to the store although there are sales everywhere. Ok can't use my foot to walk and shop but I can use my fingers on a key board and a credit card. That's my whine for the day!

GrammaNan 09-24-2010 05:07 PM

I hope you find what you need quickly. I hope you are doing OK, I have been thinking about you and praying for you.

franie 09-24-2010 05:09 PM

Thanks. Prayers are working as I am getting around a little better. Using crutches as much as possible but I am still not driving yet. Did not look in my stash yet as I got disgusted and left the sewing room--LOL!

Originally Posted by GrammaNan
I hope you find what you need quickly. I hope you are doing OK, I have been thinking about you and praying for you.

Millstream Mom 09-24-2010 05:12 PM

Did I read that right? One hundred and ninety two???? You are an ambitious woman! I look at a 9-patch and don't know if I can keep up the stamina!

MinnieKat 09-24-2010 05:13 PM

You should have used Triangle Paper or Thangles ... then there would be no trimming.

franie 09-24-2010 05:18 PM

Hindsight. I thought of Thangles too TODAY! LOL Not sure I had the right size anyway and like I said no way to get to the store. I will get 'em done--have no choice if I want to remain in the exchange. And besides I like the choice this time--I am more of a traditional type quilter. Hmm Wonder if I have the right Thangles.

Originally Posted by MinnieKat
You should have used Triangle Paper or Thangles ... then there would be no trimming.

hobo2000 09-24-2010 05:19 PM

That system someone posted about the square and sew around all four sides and cut on diags. Works fantastically. I can zip those babys' out right & left and they are perfect four at a go.

Sadiemae 09-24-2010 05:35 PM

I am lazy. I would use my Wondercut ruler to make this many hst. I can do them in an afternoon.

franie 09-24-2010 05:37 PM

Oh I forgot about that technique totally. How big would the square have to be to get them to 2 1/2" do you know?

Originally Posted by hobo2000
That system someone posted about the square and sew around all four sides and cut on diags. Works fantastically. I can zip those babys' out right & left and they are perfect four at a go.

wolfkitty 09-24-2010 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by hobo2000

I love that plan! Speedy!