Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Update on Andover Fabrics (good news!) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/update-andover-fabrics-good-news-t156215.html)

Favorite Fabrics 09-27-2011 08:15 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Some of you may know that Andover Fabric's warehouse was affected by the flooding caused by hurricane Irene last month. I just received an update from one of my contacts there:

"We are recovering nicely from the hurricane and things are getting back into shape. "

They have been busy placing re-orders with the various mills for the fabrics that were lost in the flood. So this is good news for all of the quilters who are fans of their brand (and also the Makower UK brand, which they stock and sell here in the US).

Personally, I'm thrilled that they decided to reprint the border collies fabric! I was heartbroken when I found out that they had "drowned in the flood" (so to speak).

dakotamaid 09-27-2011 08:17 AM

Good news!

sueisallaboutquilts 09-27-2011 08:33 AM

Great news! They have so many nice fabrics.

jljack 09-27-2011 08:44 AM

Indeed good news....I like Andover fabrics!!

Mariposa 09-27-2011 08:58 AM

Thanks for the update! :)

Tink's Mom 09-27-2011 09:00 AM

Thanks for the update!...they have nice fabrics...

suebee 09-27-2011 09:53 AM

Oh my gosh...well first off glad they are bouncing back and second...I love that BC fabric. My little guy (50lbs) is a mix, but he doesnt know the difference. Im going to have to order some of this :) love it. Thanks for the info.

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
Some of you may know that Andover Fabric's warehouse was affected by the flooding caused by hurricane Irene last month. I just received an update from one of my contacts there:

"We are recovering nicely from the hurricane and things are getting back into shape. "

They have been busy placing re-orders with the various mills for the fabrics that were lost in the flood. So this is good news for all of the quilters who are fans of their brand (and also the Makower UK brand, which they stock and sell here in the US).

Personally, I'm thrilled that they decided to reprint the border collies fabric! I was heartbroken when I found out that they had "drowned in the flood" (so to speak).

susie-susie-susie 09-27-2011 10:17 AM

That is indeed good news. It has taken awhile to get their fabric under control again. I love their fabrics and look forward to seeing them in the shops again. The pictures of the flooding that I have seen were awful. The folks living there sure suffered a great loss. I can't imagine being without power for such a long time. Read Mark Lapinski's blog--he has been without power for quite awhile.
Sue

QUILTNMO 09-27-2011 10:57 AM

good news

redmadder 09-27-2011 11:00 AM

My SIL said he was burning 28 gallons of gas a day for the generator on the sump pump just to keep the basement from flooding. That went on for two weeks. Whew!