Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Update on YLI Knot problem (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/update-yli-knot-problem-t111386.html)

grann of 6 03-28-2011 05:29 AM

Not sure if this if the right place for this subject. For those of you who have not been following my YLI problem, I got a spool of thread at the YLI booth at Lancaster Quilt Show. When I sewed with it a knot was discovered at the needle. I wrote them and sent a picture on Friday afternoon. Well, I just got a reply from them apologizing for the problem. She says the knots are usually stopped in their tension discs at the winding phase. These spools of thread are sold at shows as partial spools. (Mine was not one of those.) Anyhow, she is sending me a new spool of thread. I am very pleased with the outcome and her explanation. She says each person in the factory is watching 12 spools of thread wind at a time and occasionally a knot is missed. So it is okay for everyone to go out and buy YLI now, I give you permission. :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:

erstan947 03-28-2011 05:31 AM

:thumbup:

dunster 03-28-2011 05:34 AM

How refreshing to actually get a response from a manufacturer - and a good response, informative and helpful. I use YLI silk thread for needle turn applique, and it's a wonderful product. Thank you for this report.

Izaquilter 03-28-2011 05:44 AM

thread probably put back by a quilter who changed their mind & put it in the wrong place not knowing! good out come tho!

CarrieAnne 03-28-2011 05:55 AM

Thanks for letting us know the outcome. Sounds like a great company!

grann of 6 03-28-2011 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by Izaquilter
thread probably put back by a quilter who changed their mind & put it in the wrong place not knowing! good out come tho!

Well, it was in a bin with all variegated threads of the same kind and certainly looked like a full spool. The lady that helped my was a YLI rep and sure knew her stuff. Anyhow, I am happy and will continue to buy YLI. Yes, I like their silk thread too, have used it for my silk wedding gowns and the silk quilt I made.

milp04 03-28-2011 06:16 AM

Thank you so much for the update with YLI.

Pam M

Jan in VA 03-28-2011 08:17 AM

I was interested in and waiting for a followup to this post, but admit I'm not surprised by the good outcome. How nice!

Jan in VA

QuiltnNan 03-28-2011 08:37 AM

so glad the outcome was so positive.

grann of 6 03-28-2011 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA
I was interested in and waiting for a followup to this post, but admit I'm not surprised by the good outcome. How nice!

Jan in VA

Me too. I wasn't surprised either. I don't think they want to damage their reputation. An interesting thing about YLI thread is that the cotton is grown in the USA, sent abroad for processing and then brought back to this country for finishing and winding. And all their reps at the show were so knowledgeable about various fabric crafts, not just quilting.