Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   upper thread getting stuck in lower bobbin area! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/upper-thread-getting-stuck-lower-bobbin-area-t3468.html)

middysmom 12-06-2007 02:44 PM

where in tenn is it going thanks dorothy from tenn

estherblair 12-06-2007 03:25 PM

Hello, i know what you are feeling, with mine i cleaned as you have done then changed to a new needle and it worked try it worked. good luck

Yvonne 12-06-2007 04:42 PM

One last suggestion. When was the last time you changed your needle? Could it be bent just a tad? Dull?
I feel so sorry for you and know how frustrated you must be. Hope that machine shapes up and soon!!

fish 12-07-2007 09:27 AM

Do you have trouble with the feed dogs on your Brother? Mine won't grip the fabric enough to sew over an intersection well, and is hard to get the fabric started on chain piecing. Is this an adjustment that a repairman could fix, do you think?

joy 12-08-2007 12:08 AM

I think you will find that you still have some thread stuck near the bobbin... has happened to me several times and ALWAYS there is a small length of thread hiding.... take the bobbin out and move the needle up and down manually and you might just see it sticking out, then take something like pliers and pull the thread out very carefully..... good luck....

ButtercreamCakeArtist 12-08-2007 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by middysmom
where in tenn is it going thanks dorothy from tenn

It went to Brother's repair shop

North Brother BLVD
Bartlett, TN

ButtercreamCakeArtist 12-08-2007 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by fish
Do you have trouble with the feed dogs on your Brother? Mine won't grip the fabric enough to sew over an intersection well, and is hard to get the fabric started on chain piecing. Is this an adjustment that a repairman could fix, do you think?

This is my back-up machine, and I haven't used it in a year...I can't get it to work long enough to know, but I don't remember having any feed dog trouble out of this one...

ButtercreamCakeArtist 12-08-2007 07:57 PM

Esther and Yvonne: That is my next step. Mom suggested it, too. Thanks!

Judith 12-09-2007 07:57 PM

Have you tried changing your upper tension a little bit, either more or less? I had the same problem today and after trying all the other remedies that you mentioned that was the one that worked for me. Hope it does for you too! Also try changing the needle. I too was working on a rag quilt for my daughter. Maybe it's something about all that flannel I was trying to sew that did it?

ButtercreamCakeArtist 12-10-2007 08:16 AM

I've been a little too frustrated (and also busy outside putting up Christmas lights yesterday. It was 61 degrees!!!) to mess with the machine again, yet!

DD was home sick last week, and we had snow days....then we saw Playhouse Disney LIve Saturday...
Maybe it will work better when I do go back to it... hopefully!