Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Urge does not match mojo! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/urge-does-not-match-mojo-t147238.html)

max's grandma 08-23-2011 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by Cyn
I am in the same slump! I feel lazy but I can't get over it just yet :) Every evening I think tomorrow will be the day but it passes and nothing. I'll watch this post and see what helps- Thanks :)

I think I have Fall fever, if there is such a thing. Glad to hear that I am not the only one who gets in a slump.

New Quilter 08-23-2011 07:16 AM

I was in a slump where taking care of the yard was conerned...but as Brynn said, You just have to kick yourself in the booty and do it...so yesterday, I started weeding just around the 2 light posts, then along the house, then down all of the sidewalks and around all of the flower beds...well, needless to say, the place where I "kicked myself in the booty" is the only place that doesn't hurt today...lol...but I can see the improvemnt in the yard, so I feel that I did accomplish something...Each joourney begins with a single step...Naomi :thumbup: :thumbup:

mizkyp 08-23-2011 09:06 AM

I am very bad about getting things done when I have all the time in the world. When things get hetic I get moving. But get yourself up and finish something. You'll feel better and accomplish something. Get moving!!!!

GagaSmith 08-23-2011 10:12 AM

I think most of us feel that way at some point so you are not alone. Sometimes I just tell myself I have to sew for only 15 minutes and I usually end up there for an hour or longer. If I don't do some I feel guilty and that's worse than feeling unmotivated.

Zhillslady 08-23-2011 10:15 AM

This happened to me a while back. I finally realized I had so many things on the to-do list that I was just feeling like I couldn't decide what to do first, so did nothing. I spent about 2 weeks just putting the fabrics together for each pattern, then putting everything for each project in a big ziplock bag and on the top shelf. When I fiished it was still like "I want to sew, but what". I explained to my daughter who does not sew and she thought it was crazy. I said I guess there is just so many I can't motivate one to start me. She casually walked over to shelf and tossed a bag on table and said - don't do anything else till you finish this. It worked. I didn't feel pressured to get them all done. Now as I finish she just gets me another one except now she has discovered bow tuck bags and wants one in every color.

Raggiemom 08-23-2011 10:50 AM

Forcing yourself to go into your sewing room is a start. Usually when I'm not in the mood to sew, that's when I clean and reorganize the sewing room. Often that's enough to motivate me to get my butt moving.

CoriAmD 08-23-2011 01:44 PM

Sometimes I just have to START doing - I find myself in your quandry a lot lately. I think it might have to do with the warm weather. I have a project waiting that I MUST get started on or it won't be done by Christmas.. Can't do it tomorrow, but will definatley START on Thurs.

pocoellie 08-23-2011 02:18 PM

If you just pick one project and work on it maybe 15-20 minutes a day, then do something else like walk, clean, whatever, then the next day do the same, and before you know it, you'll be back to normal. Maybe someone else can help you.

tinker 08-23-2011 02:40 PM

Even 3yrs after moving,my seewing space are a disaster site. Quilting Joey gave me a suggestion. Do it by 3's!!!! so make a list ! Big things, little things any thing that you feel you did to do. Do 3 thing on the list, By doing just dooing 3 things I felt I made a more in the right direction. I'm slowing getting things done. I can't Thank JoAnn enough for being my GB Buddy Tinker/Shirley