Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   URGENT (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/urgent-t106851.html)

jellybelly5000 03-11-2011 10:19 AM

Ladies if you have not bought Lilac Hill for your Henrietta Squirrel the free pattern from Bunny Hill do so. My quilt shop says they are not going to reprint this fabric and they are already out of the border. So Sad.

sewbizgirl 03-11-2011 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by jellybelly5000
Ladies if you have not bought Lilac Hill for your Henrietta Squirrel the free pattern from Bunny Hill do so. My quilt shop says they are not going to reprint this fabric and they are already out of the border. So Sad.

This is URGENT?

jljack 03-11-2011 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl

This is URGENT?

Well, I guess it might be for whoever is doing this quilt. :wink:

debbieumphress 03-11-2011 10:41 AM

Definitely urgent to a quilter is one of our fabrics we love is going to discontinue. I know if Mckenna Ryan fabrics were to discontinue, I would buy them up. LOL. Maybe call it "Fabric Advisory" instead of urgent. LOL. Thanks for letting us know. This isn't one of mine but now I want to buy some just because♥♥

quiltmaker 03-11-2011 11:49 AM

LOL LOL....just had to laugh at this one....no offense but URGENT is quite an adjective.

I do understand that your were trying to help people out here but maybe like Debbie said "Fabric Advisory" or "Fabric Line Discontinued" would have been a bit more appropriate...but then who am I to know appropriate....

Because it was URGENT, I had to go and see what you were talking about as I hadn't heard of it before....then downloaded the darling Henrietta patterns to date. Course then somehow it led me to the Birdie Stitches BOM and had to get those also....

Still am not sure what the fabric line is as you could use anything you want if I'm reading correctly? I think there are fat quarters available but couldn't find yardage. I did see where some ladies were using up pieces of vintage fabrics.

So thank you for bringing it to our attention and bringing joyful laughter to our day! :-D

BellaBoo 03-11-2011 01:14 PM

I have the fat quarter bundle of Connecting Threads Canterbury line and it has many of the same colors. I think I'm going to use those for most of the pattern.

gaigai 03-11-2011 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl

This is URGENT?

Yeah, are you getting some kind of commission? Most Fabrics go as quickly as they come. That's the norm.

BeeNana 03-11-2011 01:31 PM

I had to laugh at what quiltmaker said. I got going on all the hunting and fishing............as usual, I almost forgot where I got started on the Internet journey. Another icon added to the desktop!
Thanks for the fun.

sewbizgirl 03-11-2011 06:46 PM

A little bit more care in the title would help some of us with SLOW LOADING pages not to waste time waiting to read things we aren't even remotely interested in. I see teasers like this posted all the time and wish people would think of others before they do this. Maybe "URGENT-- Bunny Hill Fabric in Short Supply" would have been a fairer way to go. I still don't think I would have used the term URGENT, but rather saved that for a true human emergency. Just my one person's opinion... Your mileage may vary.

BarbaraA 03-11-2011 07:21 PM

Urgent----I agree! I waited and waited for my Henrietta fabric, and finally ordered the fat quarter bundle of lilac hill. I was obsessed and had to get the fabric and I love it. I am on block three!