Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Using Glue (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/using-glue-t34208.html)

Tiffany 01-19-2010 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by k3n
I use a little dab of glue stick to hold the first piece of fabric in place when PPing because amma told me to :mrgreen:! And it works great, after you take the paper off, you'd never know it was there. :-D

Amma is full of great advice and tips! Isn't it great when something works so well. :D

k3n 01-20-2010 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany

Originally Posted by k3n
I use a little dab of glue stick to hold the first piece of fabric in place when PPing because amma told me to :mrgreen:! And it works great, after you take the paper off, you'd never know it was there. :-D

Amma is full of great advice and tips! Isn't it great when something works so well. :D

Oh yes! Amma is the Queen of PP! :-D

Ninnie 01-20-2010 04:45 AM

I use Elmers glue sticks, and love it, makes my binders go on so much smoother, and the corners are no longer a problem for me. I have only used it while hand quilting, so can't say about the machine quilting.

BellaBoo 01-20-2010 07:06 AM

I have discovered glue dots! They are used in scrapbooking. They make my life so much easier. Ha

BZ quilting 01-21-2010 08:52 AM

I do, I love being able to hand applique without the thread getting caught on pins.

cindyg 01-21-2010 12:09 PM

Oh, yes, definitely use Sharon's method of gluing down the binding. No pins to keep sticking mysself on or to come out so the dogs can swallow them. I usually then hand stitch my binding to the back.

blahel 01-21-2010 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by cindyg
Oh, yes, definitely use Sharon's method of gluing down the binding. No pins to keep sticking mysself on or to come out so the dogs can swallow them. I usually then hand stitch my binding to the back.

now wheres the fun in that? Quilting is meant to be an adventure and when you use pins you never know when you are going to stick yourself..it adds to the sense of adventure and excitement!! :lol: :lol:

ssterchi99 05-01-2011 05:02 AM

I have tried glue sticks on paper piecing (the beginning of it) and could not get it to stick. Are they a better kind or am I doing something wrong?

TonnieLoree 05-02-2011 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by k3n

You beat me to it! That's just what I was going to say! :lol:

TonnieLoree 05-02-2011 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by ssterchi99
I have tried glue sticks on paper piecing (the beginning of it) and could not get it to stick. Are they a better kind or am I doing something wrong?

I just looked. Mine is Elmer's Washable School glue. It's purple in the tube but dries clear. The first piece of what I just started is about the size of a quarter, and the second is even smaller, but I don't glue after that first piece, because you can't!