Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Using an iPad for quilting (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/using-ipad-quilting-t173593.html)

SewExtremeSeams 12-31-2011 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Anna from Oz (Post 4823058)
Fabriholic,
Yes my daughter in law suggested a tablet and I had looked at the Samsung Galaxy previously but I think they were banned from sale in Australia recently due to a court injunction from Apple. Can you do emails with the Samsung Galaxy tablet? Sorry if I am going off topic girls, but I am wanting something to curl up with and read from when I travel, and I did find with my elderley wrists the ipad is heavy to hold for any length of time, unless I had a cushion under it I suppose.
Anna
Anna

I have been sitting on the fence as to which way to go: Apple verses android.

Apple lost its suite you mentioned.

Thanks to everyone for all of your suggestions and encouragement. I will be making a choice in the near future and this info will be so exciting to explore!

Question for iPad owners: which models did you get? 16... ?

sewbeadit 12-31-2011 02:13 PM

I think sewing machines make better stitches than I Pads! hehehehehe

kathyd 12-31-2011 02:13 PM

I got my Ipad for Christmas. It is addictive! I checked out the zite site. A new addiction. Now to get to my sewing and maybe a New Year's resolution of trying to finish UFO's if I can drag myself away from this new toy! :)

Debd 12-31-2011 02:36 PM

I like touch draw, a graphics program, and reading this board! The graphics let me play with patterns I see on this board!

terry leffler 12-31-2011 04:19 PM

What is touch draw? An app for ipad? I never connected using my ipad for quilting - what a great thing!

Karenowc 12-31-2011 07:20 PM

thank you for that pattern (and the photo). Your instructions were very clear. I'm off to make a couple!!!

chuckbere15 12-31-2011 11:45 PM

iPad user, please read the reviews before purchasing. The major issue that a lot of people are having is it crashes and looses the data that you have entered. I personally would wait until they release a fix.

zipit 01-01-2012 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme (Post 4828260)
Question for iPad owners: which models did you get? 16... ?

Mine is 64GB. I was going to get 32GB but wasn't able to locate one in stock. I had to make my purchase by 12/31 to save 20% using my AMEX points.

zipit 01-01-2012 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by chuckbere15 (Post 4829519)
iPad user, please read the reviews before purchasing. The major issue that a lot of people are having is it crashes and looses the data that you have entered. I personally would wait until they release a fix.

Which app?

romanojg 01-01-2012 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by Anna from Oz (Post 4823058)
Fabriholic,
Yes my daughter in law suggested a tablet and I had looked at the Samsung Galaxy previously but I think they were banned from sale in Australia recently due to a court injunction from Apple. Can you do emails with the Samsung Galaxy tablet? Sorry if I am going off topic girls, but I am wanting something to curl up with and read from when I travel, and I did find with my elderley wrists the ipad is heavy to hold for any length of time, unless I had a cushion under it I suppose.
Anna
Anna

Have you looked into the Nook Color; I don't know that much about the Nook Tablet yet. The Nook does emails; can read in any light and is light weight. It has lots of low to no cost apps allowing you to use it as an organizer, journal and more. To enter info into a spread sheet or calendar you don't have to have it hooked up to the pc to do so; just enter. I have the 3-G black and white one and also the color Nook and will be looking into the tablet. I know that they are upgrading the software for the color in the next few weeks to be able to watch movies ect with it as well. Good luck with your search.