Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Using a plastic flannel back tablecloth for your blocks!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/using-plastic-flannel-back-tablecloth-your-blocks-t33651.html)

bebe 01-09-2010 08:54 AM

4 Attachment(s)
this is a good idea!!!!
Very easy access and affordable can buy at $$ store, thrift store or maybe one in your linen drawer.

Cut it into 18" squares
Put them by your machine as you are piecing a block at home or in a class or away at a retreat.
Lay your pieces on the square (flannel side up) and as you sew pick up the pieces you are sewing together and as you sew it put back it back in its place so you can keep order.
Good way to prevent from loosing pieces while you are sewing or transporting it. You can stack one on top of another and roll up tie up or put a rubberband and it keeps your block in order.
I tried it and hung it up w/o pins and not a piece fell off.
Now why did I not think of this :lol: :lol: :lol:

See pics

18' inch square
[ATTACH=CONFIG]64890[/ATTACH]

placing pieces of the block on flannel side
[ATTACH=CONFIG]64891[/ATTACH]

hanging w/o pins on the pieces
[ATTACH=CONFIG]64892[/ATTACH]

Stack as many as you want roll it up and but a tie on it and go!!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]64896[/ATTACH]

Quiltntime 01-09-2010 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by bebe
this is a good idea!!!!
Very easy access and affordable can buy at $$ store, thrift store or maybe one in your linen drawer.

Cut it into 18" squares
Put them by your machine as you are piecing a block at home or in a class or away at a retreat.
Lay your pieces on the square (flannel side up) and as you sew pick up the pieces you are sewing together and as you sew it put back it back in its place so you can keep order.
Good way to prevent from loosing pieces while you are sewing or transporting it. You can stack one on top of another and roll up tie up or put a rubberband and it keeps your block in order.
I tried it and hung it up w/o pins and not a piece fell off.
Now why did I not think of this :lol: :lol: :lol:

See pics

Excellent idea!
:idea:

wvdek 01-09-2010 09:03 AM

What a clever idea!

lisalovesquilting 01-09-2010 12:41 PM

Thank you for the great idea!

fleurish335 01-09-2010 01:04 PM

What a superior idea.....I am going to do that one.....Thank you sooooooooooo much...

ScubaK 01-09-2010 01:22 PM

I also use a plastic/vinyl/flannel tablecloth to cover my table or desk when I am machine quilting...the quilt doesn't pull away from the machine and I can slide it around easier.
Kirsten

Oklahoma Suzie 01-09-2010 02:45 PM

Great idea.

MamaBear61 01-09-2010 03:40 PM

That makes perfect sense!!!! I hate when I get a block in the wrong place and don't notice it until it is way too late to make a correction (voice of experience :oops: )

bj 01-09-2010 03:45 PM

Great idea! Thanks for sharing. I'm always bumping/shifting my blocks when I lay them on the table by my machine. It gets frustrating when you have a block with a lot of pieces or pieces that are very similar and you only notice they are wrong after the block is put together. I'm definitely trying this one!

cande 01-09-2010 04:35 PM

Great idea! I have several of those tablecloths.