Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Vacation shopping (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/vacation-shopping-t264836.html)

Gramie bj 05-04-2015 11:21 AM

Vacation shopping

In 3 weeks my DH and I will start a 3 week vacation. We plan on stopping in Id., Az., NM., Tx., Ak, Mo., and Mi., To see family and friends, and visit some tourist places. (of course we will be traveling through other states too) When we head home we will be taking highway 2 northern route. I plan on stopping at the 3 Dudes in Az. and MSQC in Mo. Where else would you recommend? We are giving ourselves plenty of time to do what ever we want as we go east, because I know my DH, once he gets on 2, heading west, it will be a straight shot home with few stops. By then he will be missing his own bed LOL

ManiacQuilter2 05-04-2015 11:42 AM

WOW, that is doing a lot of driving. Where in AZ are you stopping?? There is a cute quilt store called Arizona quilts in Phx. Love their batiks.

Quilt30 05-04-2015 11:50 AM

There is a book that list all shops in the US. I believe it is "Quilter's Companion" This might be helpful to you.

Angel Bear 05-04-2015 02:20 PM

If you have a "smart phone" there is an app named "Quilt Shops" and it will list any and all quilt shops near you. It's a great way to find shops you may have never heard of. (Missouri Star also has an app.)

QuiltingVagabond 05-04-2015 04:21 PM

There are several nice shops in the Shipshewana/Goshen area of northern (Amish) Indiana in case you are going that way.
Let me know if you want more info...

ragamuffin 05-04-2015 05:43 PM

Nice quilt shop and fabric in Branson, Mo. And you could see a show -the best is Baldknobbers, the original that
started up Branson. I love the quilt shop on the strip, and they have very unusual patterns. Don't miss the restaurant with the Hot Tossed Buns. Great food.

jeanharville 05-04-2015 06:06 PM

If you'll be in North East/Central Arkansas, Marshalls Dry Goods in Batesville is a must stop. They manufacture their own fabric, plus they have tons of quilting fabric at almost wholesale prices. Plan on spending awhile.

SuziSew 05-07-2015 09:24 AM

I can vouch for QuiltingVagabond, I live in Middlebury (between Goshen & Shipshewana) and can count 10 (or more) shops within a 20 mile radius (2 are less than a mile from my house...and my stash proves it! :D). Depending on where you are headed in Michigan there are several great shops in and around the Kalamazoo area too.

Krisb 05-07-2015 09:57 AM

Oh, you can get him to stop at Hingley Road in Floodwood, MN. It is right on highway 2.

GrammieJan 05-07-2015 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Gramie bj (Post 7185989)
In 3 weeks my DH and I will start a 3 week vacation. We plan on stopping in Id., Az., NM., Tx., Ak, Mo., and Mi., To see family and friends, and visit some tourist places. (of course we will be traveling through other states too) When we head home we will be taking highway 2 northern route. I plan on stopping at the 3 Dudes in Az. and MSQC in Mo. Where else would you recommend? We are giving ourselves plenty of time to do what ever we want as we go east, because I know my DH, once he gets on 2, heading west, it will be a straight shot home with few stops. By then he will be missing his own bed LOL

AK? I think that is Alaska. I think you meant AR, which is Arkansas.