Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Vermont quilt festival in Essex Junction (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/vermont-quilt-festival-essex-junction-t266949.html)

dragonfly15 06-28-2015 03:36 AM

Vermont quilt festival in Essex Junction

I finally made it to this show. I've wanted to go for years, but work got in the way. Now that I'm retired
(yay!) I'm finally getting to all the quilt shows I've only read about. (Next on the list is Paducah) The VT show was great. I really enjoyed seeing the quilts (& of course the shopping!) I'm here for a little longer and want to try and fit in some more sightseeing. This is such a beautiful area. Has anyone else gone to this show? Was wondering how others felt about it.

YC Quilter 06-28-2015 03:42 AM

I went a few years ago, I think to the same show. We had a lot of fun be sure to take a tour of the Vermont Teddy Bear Factory, and the chocolate factory!

ptquilts 06-28-2015 06:29 AM

I went many years ago when they held it in an armory in Northfield. No A/C and always the hottest weekend of the summer! Glad they moved it, hope the new place has A/C!

Onebyone 06-28-2015 07:11 AM

I haven't been to this one. Bonnie Hunter wrote about it on her blog as she was teaching there. I love traveling to quilt shows and spending time immersed in quilting. I don't take anyone with me either. It's all me time.

feline fanatic 06-28-2015 09:35 AM

I went a few years ago. I enjoyed it. Loads of beautiful quilts and a high caliber of quilters the year I went. There were some very unique quilts and loads of great vendors. I would go again. I want to take a trip up there and tour the museum in Shelburne as well. It is only about 3 hours from me so doable in one day. I don't think I would try to take in the show and the museum in one day though. It is a beautiful area.

crafterrn1 06-28-2015 09:36 AM

Go to the Shelburne Museum. I loved it. It is huge so be prepared and yes they do have quilts. Luann

ManiacQuilter2 06-28-2015 10:23 AM

Never have gone since I live in So CA. Sounds like fun.

Nechama117 06-28-2015 12:59 PM

We are driving back now,in the rain,from Burlington. I enjoyed the quilt show, also shopping and seeing such beautiful quilts. I also love seeing the quilts on this board and all the good advice from members.
Shelburn museum is a great way to spend the day. Also church street in Burlington, as well as the Burlington waterfront. Have fun.

applique 06-28-2015 06:45 PM

Next year is their 40th and I heard they have something "special" planned!

dragonfly15 06-29-2015 02:48 AM

I did get to the Shelborne Museum...saw 1/2 the exhibits. The quilts were gorgeous. The museum is definitely on my list for a return visit. I didn't get to the Vt Teddy Bear Factory; it was too late. I did get to Church Street shops, the Echo Lake Aquarium and a few antique shops. I had planned on doing a sunset lake cruise Sunday, but the weather changed my mind. Guess I'll have to "force" myself to come back next year. Now it's the drive home and a relaxing ferry ride back to Long Island.