Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Vibration and Noise Levels of Heavy Duty SS Machines (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/vibration-noise-levels-heavy-duty-ss-machines-t261904.html)

Pudge 02-27-2015 04:42 PM

Vibration and Noise Levels of Heavy Duty SS Machines

I'm eager to purchase one of the following machines:
Juki2010Q
Babylock Jane
Brother 1500

I'd like feedback on both noise and vibration levels of the machines.

I'll be using the machine on a sturdy, banquet-style plastic table and I'm concerned about vibration.

DebraK 02-27-2015 05:49 PM

I've heard the Juki's are noisy. I don't know about vibration.

sewbizgirl 02-27-2015 06:26 PM

I have the Juki... I sew on a sturdy wood dining table so vibration is not an issue. But... it's not a quiet machine. With the walking foot on, it's even nosier. It's such a great machine that I just live with the noise.

Feathers-N-Fur 02-27-2015 06:58 PM

All 3 machines are made in the same factory. They are "almost" the same machine. I have the Brother, but my daily machine is a Juki. I love both machines. I would discourage sewing on a plastic folding table. I tried it and hated it. A wooden folding table is much, much more stable, albeit more expensive as well. The vibration drove me crazy in the week it took my DH to modify my sewing desk for my new machine.

DebD800 02-27-2015 07:07 PM

I have the Juki 2010Q and don't feel it's noisy at all. It's much more quiet than my newer Singers and much more smooth. My DH and I joke that the comparison is like the difference in driving a Volvo and a lawn tractor. I don't notice any vibration at all. I have a Koala table that I use for it. I absolutely love my Juki!

TexasSunshine 02-27-2015 07:17 PM

I have looked at all 3 of these machines also. If they are all basically the same machine which one is the best value?.

Jeanne S 02-27-2015 07:17 PM

I have the Juki and don't think it is noisy but don't have anything to compare it to. It is noisier with the walking foot than with the regular foot. I sew on a heavy dining room table so don't have any vibration issues either.

Pudge 02-28-2015 04:29 AM

Thanks so much for your feedback. You've confirmed my belief that I should reconfigure my sewing area to allow for a more sturdy table no matter which machine I purchase.

I notice that lots of folks "love" their Brother and Juki machines, but I am not finding a lot of Babylock Jane "lovers". My dilemma is that my dealer sells only the Babylock and I do want to go through my dealer for support.

Any Babylock Jane "lovers" or "nonlovers" comments?

Lafpeaches 02-28-2015 05:31 AM

One of my machines is a Babylock Quilters Professional, now called a Jane. I have it in a sew ez table. It is not noisy and does not vibrate. It is a nice machine. I alternate between that one and a BL crescendo I have in a table my hubby made.

Pudge 02-28-2015 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by Lafpeaches (Post 7108782)
One of my machines is a Babylock Quilters Professional, now called a Jane. I have it in a sew ez table. It is not noisy and does not vibrate. It is a nice machine. I alternate between that one and a BL crescendo I have in a table my hubby made.

And how does the machine do with FMQ?