Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   VIBRATION WHILE QUILTING ON MY SHORT ARM (ON A FRAME) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/vibration-while-quilting-my-short-arm-frame-t114892.html)

suebee 04-09-2011 07:57 PM

Anyone out there with same issue? my tension is fine, the stitiching looks great, but I get alot of vibration and it throws my path of stitching off. Any thoughts ideas???? PLEASE????

I have a New Joy frame with BabyLock Quilters Choice Professional.

Thank you!

Sue B

Country1 04-09-2011 08:02 PM

Have you checked to make sure your frame is level?

suebee 04-09-2011 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Country1
Have you checked to make sure your frame is level?

I will double check that tomorrow. But I believe it is. :( so frustrating. Trying to practice and I cant do what I want. Grrrr

Heartwarming quilts 04-09-2011 08:08 PM

Loosen the quilt in the frame so it sags just a bit.

suebee 04-09-2011 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Heartwarming quilts
Loosen the quilt in the frame so it sags just a bit.

Thank you, I will try that too.

cathyvv 04-09-2011 08:27 PM

Make sure your frame is level, as Country1 suggested.

Good luck!

BKrenning 04-10-2011 08:23 AM

Quilt too tight is what causes mine to literally bounce. How long has it been since you oiled your machine? What exactly is vibrating?

suebee 04-10-2011 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by BKrenning
Quilt too tight is what causes mine to literally bounce. How long has it been since you oiled your machine? What exactly is vibrating?

I have loosened the quilt. It helped considerably. Oil??? Lord, I cant remember the last time. Think I better do that. ::) Thank you !!

suebee 04-10-2011 12:10 PM

Amazing what a little oiling will do. Thank you for the important reminder!!

BKrenning 04-11-2011 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by suebee

Amazing what a little oiling will do. Thank you for the important reminder!!

I have a Voyager and it gets a drink once per day if I have a quilt loaded & been working on it. Before I got it, I used an Elna 7200 domestic machine and I tried to remember to put a drop under the bobbin case when I loaded it on the frame and again when I took it off.

I was having issues with the Elna yesterday while piecing a denim & corduroy rag quilt and gave it a drop of oil since I don't remember when I did it last. That helped some but I think my real problem is dry thread or the corduroy and the thread not getting along. The thread seems to be rubbing on something--the corduroy I suspect--causing it to frazzle and then jam or break at the needle eye.