Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Viking Designer Diamond (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/viking-designer-diamond-t41201.html)

Katie 03-30-2010 09:05 AM

Let me start off by saying that I have a great sewing machine - I got it about 10 years ago, maybe longer, it's a Viking Lily and I absolutely love it. I quilt with it, make bags and purses, I still make clothes and stuffed animals for the grandchildren and even though it's not my favorite thing I do some mending and repairs. Now I'm thinking about looking into something a little more elaborate, an embroidery machine. I looked online and came across the Viking Designer Diamond, it looks wonderful. It is a sewing and embroidery machine. I've seen how everybody helps out by giving advise and opinions so I guess that's what I'm asking for. Thanks........Katie

Ponygirl 03-30-2010 09:12 AM

I have the Designer I with the USB. I Love it, but I would move up to the Diamond if given the chance. I have all the feet and most of the hoops. It is a great machine. You will love it.

Pam B 03-30-2010 10:28 AM

I have had my Viking Lily for about 8 years now and recently inherited my late MIL's Viking Rose. I dream about the day when I can upgrade the Rose to the Diamond....I know serveral ladies who have Diamonds and they really like them alot. I will tell you that my LQS owner personally prefers the Designer SE to the Diamond, however, as a dealer she cannot promote the SE since it is no longer made. I am hopeful that I can upgrade in another year. We have 2 in college right now and one of them will graduate in Dec. Of course, we will have a wedding to pay for right away, I am sure, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Were I you, I would not hesitate a moment! Will you keep your Lily? I like having 2 machines and will keep my Lily when I can upgrade. It is just a very nice machine!

Judi in Ohio 03-30-2010 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Katie
Let me start off by saying that I have a great sewing machine - I got it about 10 years ago, maybe longer, it's a Viking Lily and I absolutely love it. I quilt with it, make bags and purses, I still make clothes and stuffed animals for the grandchildren and even though it's not my favorite thing I do some mending and repairs. Now I'm thinking about looking into something a little more elaborate, an embroidery machine. I looked online and came across the Viking Designer Diamond, it looks wonderful. It is a sewing and embroidery machine. I've seen how everybody helps out by giving advise and opinions so I guess that's what I'm asking for. Thanks........Katie

Will you only look at Vikings? I would definetly look at all the other machines have to offer. How computer literate are you? The embroidery combo's that give you the most bang for your buck, and are the easiest to use are the Brother/Babylocks Wonderful machines. I had the Diamond, but sold it and bought the Ellisimo. I am not sorry I did.
Judi

azdesertrat 03-30-2010 12:39 PM

I had the diamond also but I traded it in for the Brother Quattro,I never regretted it

sewmama 04-02-2010 06:40 PM

I have the Designer 1 and love it. I would up-grade to a Diamond if I could afford it but I would not sell my D1. I would keep it for a back-up machine. H.V puts out a great machine in my book.

topper1 04-02-2010 06:46 PM

i have Designer 1, would love a diamond. I am getting a 1+ from my sister who dies recently. I am into Vikings.

Shorebird 04-11-2010 05:54 AM

I have the Designer Diamond, and a GREAT DEALER........the machine is unbelievable......it has a large throat space, and can accomodate one of the largest hoops out there for embroidery........it is great for piecing, and I use the embroidery module and quilting designs to do many of my quilt tops...............I think you will LOVE the machine, and now it is priced at a historical low.......GOOD PLANNING on your part!!

LindaR 04-11-2010 06:12 AM

there is a site on ebay that is selling the diamond for less that $6000....quite a deal

sewcrafty 04-12-2010 04:20 AM

The Diamond is a beautiful machine, I checked them out. Big $$$$ though. Janome has a nice one MC-11000, less $$$. I didn't test drive the Brother, but hear its very nice also!!!

Good Luck!!! :D :D