Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Viking Fab-U-Motion Fabric Mover (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/viking-fab-u-motion-fabric-mover-t4128.html)

yarnball 01-19-2008 10:14 AM

I have the Viking Sapphire 850. It's the one with the longer bed so you have more room when working on quilting.

My family (sweeties) bought the Viking "Fabric Mover" from a friend to give me for Christmas. Husband called dealer to verify Fabric Mover could be used w/ the Sapphire and was told yes.

Well ... not so!

The "Fabric Mover" is the first one while the newer "Fab-U-Motion" is the most current release of the product. The difference is that the newer has a slightly larger platform and TWO CONNECTORS so it can be attached to the Designer SEs AND/OR the Sapphires.

Well, of course, I don't have the correct connector and the dealer is not being cooperative even suggesting they cannot get it even as a part ... I am suspicious!

Anyway, here's the real question: Did anyone purchase the newer Fab-U-Motion for their Designer/ SE and will not be using the 2nd connector? I would like to buy it from you.

Thank you for reading. Feel free to commiserate with my whining!

yarnball

Moonpi 01-19-2008 11:20 AM

I can't help you, but if someone has it, maybe it has a part number , so you can order it from a more cooperative dealer.

yarnball 01-19-2008 01:44 PM

Moonpi, that is a great idea! At least that way I could just pursue it on my own. Thanks!

yarnball

Jothomas 01-20-2008 01:30 PM

Call Viking directly. They may be listed under husqvarner viking or they should be listed on the paperwork you have with your fabric mover.

Sara Street 01-21-2008 08:16 AM

You can also go to the Husqvarna website and it takes a little searching, but there is a parts list there! You can't order direct from the site, but you would have your part number.

I absolutely love my Husqvarna Platninum sewing machine, but the dealer is so difficult to work with that if I had it to do over, I would have gone with Bernina. Their dealer is great whether you buy from him or not!

Once you have the part number, check out Ebay. There are usually parts available there.

Good luck!
Sara

Qubie 01-26-2009 07:56 PM

Here is the part number to the FAB U MOTION CORD FOR SAPPHIRE 410000231. Hope this helps.

pocoellie 01-27-2009 05:57 AM

Sorry I can't help you, but I think I would find a new dealer. This one doesn't sound like a good one to me personally. Hope you find what you need.

Marikikou 10-05-2009 02:04 AM

Hi!
I have the same problem as you had. The Fab U Motion worked well with my Platinum, but I purchased a Sapphire 870 and I cannot connect the Fab U Motion to it. Did you suceed? I googled the number 410000231 and found nothing but your message. I hope someone could help me!

quiltychaos 12-02-2009 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Marikikou
Hi!
I have the same problem as you had. The Fab U Motion worked well with my Platinum, but I purchased a Sapphire 870 and I cannot connect the Fab U Motion to it. Did you suceed? I googled the number 410000231 and found nothing but your message. I hope someone could help me!

Hello,
I am thinking about buying the Platinum 750 and the Fab U Motion because I am spending alot of money on longarm quilting! Can you tell me more about using it and if it is worth the money??