Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Viking Ruby (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/viking-ruby-t251691.html)

Sophie2 08-11-2014 09:14 AM

Viking Ruby

I know if I ask this question I will lots of responses - positive and negative - but figure I can take it for what it is worth. A while back the shop I take my Topaz 30 to for cleaning made me an offer on a Ruby. I told him I would think about it. Never mentioned this to my DH until we were at a shop last week that was a distance from our home and I told him about the offer from the shop that cleans my machine. He told me to get it! I called the shop this morning and he told me to bring my machine in and he would make me a great offer. I am planning on going to the shop on Thursday. I am just wondering if any of you great ladies own this machine and what the pros and cons are of this machine. I have been happy with my Topaz 30, but am really excited about the upgrade. Thanks for your input.

romanojg 08-11-2014 10:46 AM

You'll love the Ruby, go to Vikings web site and compare the Topaz and the Ruby, it has great features. I can't think of any cons, its easy to use and learn. I never had to adjust my tension because it did that, it also has design postioning, it loves all thread. Congratulations. I hope you get a good offer. The Topaz is still a great machine so you should get a great price on it for a trade in.

JAGSD 08-11-2014 01:45 PM

I have a Ruby and love mine! It is easy to use and love the helpful ? If I don't remember what something is just a touch and it gives you information. I have embroidered quite a bit with it and am impressed with that part of it also, the many stitches are fun too.

Lori S 08-11-2014 01:48 PM

Just note there is more than one Ruby model ... There is the Ruby and the Ruby Deluxe. Important info when heading into a "negotiation".

Sophie2 08-11-2014 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Lori S (Post 6840917)
Just note there is more than one Ruby model ... There is the Ruby and the Ruby Deluxe. Important info when heading into a "negotiation".

Thanks, I will research that before I go in.

Pam B 08-11-2014 05:29 PM

I have a Ruby...not the Deluxe, though. I compared the two when I bought my Ruby almost two years ago and there were not enough differences to justify the extra expense for the Deluxe model. I cannot think of one thing that I do not like about my Ruby... I absolutely love her!

kydeb 08-12-2014 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by Pam B (Post 6841206)
I have a Ruby...not the Deluxe, though. I compared the two when I bought my Ruby almost two years ago and there were not enough differences to justify the extra expense for the Deluxe model. I cannot think of one thing that I do not like about my Ruby... I absolutely love her!

I agree - I bought my Ruby right before the Deluxe came out. I thought about trading (my dealer lets you trade for 1 year and get full trade in value). The differences aren't that big of a deal. If I had a choice between the two new machines, I would save the $$$ and leave the Deluxe behind. You will love the Ruby!

Sophie2 08-14-2014 04:23 AM

Thank you everyone for your comments. I will be loading up my machine to trade up to the Ruby within the hour. I am so excited about the upgrade! :)

ManiacQuilter2 08-14-2014 04:28 AM

I always test drive a DSM before I buy it just like a car.

JAGSD 08-14-2014 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by Sophie2 (Post 6840920)
Thanks, I will research that before I go in.

Their is also the New Ruby Royale coming out now too.