Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Viking Sapphire 830 & Connecting Threads thread (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/viking-sapphire-830-connecting-threads-thread-t23404.html)

katier825 07-29-2009 01:02 AM

I know there are a few Viking Sapphire 830 owners out there, and there are also many people who swear by Connecting Threads thread. I was wondering how it works in your machine. I just recently noticed the price for their thread and it sure looks like a great deal.

Have you tried it in your Viking 830 and if so, were you happy with it?

Quilting Aggi 07-29-2009 03:07 AM

I have a Husqvarna Platnium 750 and the thread works fine! I do find though that when you come down to the last little bit on the spool the machine gets cranky. So what I do to remedy that is use one of those spools you put on the side of your machine and then the thread has to come of the spool higher before going through the tension dials of the machine. It works fabulous!

I just got the latest Connecting Threads catalog in the mail two days ago and I was also looking at the threads. There are soooooo many more yummy thread colours and I think they are calling my name!!! :)

Esqmommy 07-29-2009 06:15 AM

I know it did not work with my Pfaff at all.

I have a new Bernina, so not to hijack your thread, but if there's any feedback on the Bernina 440, I'd appreciate it.

BellaBoo 07-29-2009 06:40 AM

I use Connecting Threads for piecing. I don't have a problem with it but I wish it was a thinner thread.

Rose Marie 07-29-2009 06:47 AM

I have the 830 and use Coats and Clark quality thread not the cheap stuff.
The expensive shop threads just do not work.
I have not tried Connecting threads, I need to have a piece of fabric to put next to the thread to match it.

JanJan 07-29-2009 09:51 AM

I have a Babylock Ellegante and so far the thread seems to work fine. After trying a spool I ordered the neutral threads set and love it.

janRN 07-29-2009 10:49 AM

I have the Sapphire 830 and have used Connecting Threads thread with no problems. I usually use Coats & Clark from Joanne's and I don't have a problem with that either. I do clean my bobbin area each time I change my bobbin; I think this is real important. It seems even if there's a little bit of lint in there my machine skips stitches. Hope this helps and good luck.

BellaBoo 07-29-2009 03:50 PM

Do you match your thread to the fabric when piecing? I only use neutral or gray for any color fabric even solid white or black. I learned the hard way it's a real pain to pick out black stitches on black or white stitches on white. :D

bearpaw 07-29-2009 04:20 PM

I don't have the 830, but I have a Viking Quilt Designer. I have used the Connecting Threads thread on the past two projects and haven't had a problem.

pittsburgpam 07-30-2009 05:42 AM

I have a Sapphire 830 and ordered 3 sets of their thread. I haven't had any problem at all and I use it for piecing.