Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilt Day This Sunday, February 17, 2012 .... Get Ready!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilt-day-sunday-february-17-2012-get-ready-t213629.html)

AshleyR 02-14-2013 03:18 AM

I need to sign up! I told my husband, "I know it doesn't matter, but it helps me stay motivated and important and mandatory so I can get things done!" I just haven't been "feelin' it" since I finished everything for Christmas. I need to get back in the groove, and finish a cute cheater that I've been piddling with. Then I have to play with my new industrial that I bought just for FMQ and figure out what kind of thread she likes! I haven't wanted to do that until I finished my last UFO

Theodora 02-14-2013 06:05 AM

I'll be sewing with all of you, just don't know which quilt I'll be working on yet. Maybe I'll need to shop!

Raggiemom 02-14-2013 09:31 AM

It's on the calendar! I think I'm going to work one of those twist quilts.

athenagwis 02-14-2013 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by SouthPStitches (Post 5856639)
Shall we bring a dish to pass this time???!!!

Absolutely!! I'll bring Saltine toffee .... soooo yum!

Originally Posted by willferg (Post 5856365)
I just wanted to say that the last time you did this, I got a lot done. I didn't post about it, but just knowing others were working got me motivated and I finished two UFOs. So thank you for doing this!

I am the same way!! I don't always post my progress, but knowing everyone else is working their butts off gets me motivated!!

Originally Posted by AshleyR (Post 5860236)
I need to sign up! I told my husband, "I know it doesn't matter, but it helps me stay motivated and important and mandatory so I can get things done!" I just haven't been "feelin' it" since I finished everything for Christmas. I need to get back in the groove, and finish a cute cheater that I've been piddling with. Then I have to play with my new industrial that I bought just for FMQ and figure out what kind of thread she likes! I haven't wanted to do that until I finished my last UFO

I feel ya!! I started doing these says 6-8 months ago for this very reason. I wasn't feeling very quilty and felt like I just needed a day to do it and I figured if I roped other people into it with me it would motivate me even more!!! :)

Cheers!
Rachel

Pat625 02-14-2013 12:39 PM

Got the blocks put together for the quilt I want to hand quilt on Sunday..Hopefully I can get it assembled and sandwiched before then..If not I have another quilt I need to begin from cutting! Looking forward to a productive day..actually get productive the days before so I have something to work on!! Usually the adreniline rush lasts a few days!!

DOTTYMO 02-14-2013 01:02 PM

I shall be there as I need to finish a baby quilt and start to. Quilt another set of blocks. See you sunday

cannyquilter 02-14-2013 03:45 PM

I will be there after lunch, my FIL is celebrating his 96 birthday with a family lunch so i will join when i get home after that. I have one quilt top finished and another that I am aiming to have finished for Sunday so I will sandwich them both and get started on the quilting, they are my UFO's to finish for this month. See you Sunday

MaryStoaks 02-14-2013 04:34 PM

I have a top to quilt, I'll do it Sunday.:thumbup:

athenagwis 02-16-2013 03:17 AM

Tomorrow is the big day!! Time to get everything together and ready for some sewing tomorrow!! :) :) Be sure to look for a new thread to be started tomorrow an post in that one!

Rachel

DOTTYMO 02-16-2013 05:19 AM

Just been shopping for backing material soi'm ready for tomorrow.