Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilt Retreat - April Edition 4-19-13 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilt-retreat-april-edition-4-19-13-a-t218838.html)

wordpaintervs 04-16-2013 07:22 PM

hey sweetie...me too....email me with the link please.

Vickey Stamps

Belfrybat 04-17-2013 02:39 AM

I've printed out the cutting instructions and am looking through my stash trying to decide. I think I'm going to make two. Am wondering how difficult it will be to put an outer pocket on the front between the straps? I really like outer pockets on large totes like these.

stitchinwitch 04-17-2013 05:57 AM

I had to check again---yep! I had pm'd a message requesting the pdf , but I guess it might have ended up in cyberspace....orrrrrrrrrrr.......the group is full orrrrrrrrrrr.........????? where do I get all the particulars?? Thanks a bundle!

beth4619 04-17-2013 08:18 AM

I would love to join in if possible

Belfrybat 04-17-2013 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by stitchinwitch (Post 6007480)
I had to check again---yep! I had pm'd a message requesting the pdf , but I guess it might have ended up in cyberspace....orrrrrrrrrrr.......the group is full orrrrrrrrrrr.........????? where do I get all the particulars?? Thanks a bundle!

Scroll back up to post #37. That is all the directions we have so far. Carolyn will post the complete instructions on Friday, so check back then.

yellowwroses 04-17-2013 09:02 AM

Would love the pdf file

SewExtremeSeams 04-17-2013 09:30 AM

Has anyone who sent a pm to Carolyn for the pdf file received theirs yet? Just wondering if I missed it?

Carolyn, no pressure if you are reading this, I was just wondering... I am getting my fabric pieces ready today.

CarolynMT 04-17-2013 03:08 PM

Hey guys....whew, busy busy week, work full time then had to bind 2 quilts, clean house since I was at the show all weekend......so....I am still writing the instructions. I promise I will post the link to the instructions by tomorrow night after my guild meeting....so around 9-10pm EST. The cutting instructions are on page 3 of this thread, so you can get started picking fabric. I used some from my stash :)

So no I have not emailed out any of the instructions yet......usually mail it out thursday night or friday morning of the retreat. This time I will not be emailing out instructions at all, I will post a link here on this thread in very big font and bright colors :) so it catches your attention :) it is much easier on me and you all to just post a link to my google drive so you can download it right from there. Especially this particular set, it will be very photo heavy, and that makes the final file very big. A lot of emails can not handle that big of size. It will also allow anyone who pops up a couple weeks or days later to download the instructions.

If there are ANY issues, please let me know. If you would prefer the file to be emailed rather than following the link and downloading, please PM me and I will do that.

To the person who asked about the outside pocket, yes, it is very easy to add one on......um, might be better to wait till you get ready to put the straps on before cutting the pocket. and basically I just hide the edges in the seams. I will see what I can do to write up an "option" for this, but will not hold up publishing the instructions for it. The most time consuming part of this tote is the grid quilting with decorative stitches, :) it will keep ya very busy the first day.

SewExtremeSeams 04-17-2013 03:17 PM

I am sure your post on Thursday will be just fine. I honestly admire you for holding a full time job, quilting and still finding time to post directions for this virtual project. Kudos for being a Super Board Member! Our hats off to you. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

CarolynMT 04-18-2013 09:10 PM

Ok here everyone goes....

.I did not get it finished, I have instructions up to the point of the lining. But it is 1am here and I have been up since 530am. I will finish it tomorrow morning and reload it. But in case anyone is up before me, you can download the start. It is enough to keep ya busy for a day or more ;)

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1WH1mcXSqwYN3VHZEpIU2xGcTA/edit?usp=sharing