Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilt Retreat Thanksgiving Edition (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilt-retreat-thanksgiving-edition-t235701.html)

Annaquilts 11-29-2013 12:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am up for a stay at home quilt retreat. I have a quilt on the long arm made with blocks from a side swap with quiltermomma, some of my own and some from the CW swap we did some time ago. I also need to do bindings on at least three if not more quilts, I plan to fill one clear trash bag for my friend with quilt stuff from my studio (aka decluttering) and I need to do Christmas projects.

kaelynangelfoot 11-29-2013 01:41 PM

Krista and Anna, those both look like beautiful quilts, looking forward to seeing them finished at some point!

It sounds like we've got a lot of mystery quilters today, that is pretty cool. I've never done one, but then I can't wait to finish all my blocks to start stitching them together. I like to watch the quilts "grow" I guess.

leakus 11-29-2013 01:56 PM

Count me in Saturday! I have sandwiched a queen size quilt. I will try to quilt it tomorrow.

franc36 11-29-2013 03:36 PM

Except for leaving for an hour of exercise at the Wellness Center and church on Sunday, I'll be in my sewing room. I am making quilted tote bags to give as Christmas presents. I have 4 more to make. I want to finish them so that I can make a quilt sandwich and start FMQ the quilt I am giving my daughter for Christmas. The Virtual Quilting will encourage me to get those totes completed. Thanks!

carolaug 11-29-2013 03:41 PM

i went to one quilt shop to try and find the same fabric I was using on a king Falling charms...Nope...don't have it...oh well I will just need to make a few borders to make it larger. I did buy a 6 yards of fabric while there. for the border, and binding. Oh and one yard of Charlie Brown Christmas to make a few pillow cases. I baked a pie well putting my blocks together,...I was hoping to finish the top...I am wiped..so taking a break. Hoping I get a second wind. We are going skiing tomorrow so really would love to get the blocks done.

Quercus Rubra 11-29-2013 04:51 PM

so far after getting started at 3or 4 ish - I got a 15 minute tablerunner done and a 12" mousemat for a gift.

other than that.... ummmm yeah........lol.
Tricia

cowgirlquilter 11-29-2013 06:13 PM

I'm in!!!!!! Have been quilting since yesterday. Working on finishing the five quilts for Christmas.......will post pics when I learn how to again!!!!!

kaelynangelfoot 11-29-2013 08:43 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I hope everyone is having a productive fun weekend. Cowgirlquilter, PM me if you need help posting pics, I'll try to help.

I finished the top half of the quilt and started on the pieced backing - it will be a two sided quilt. First picture is front, second picture is the start of the back.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]449182[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]449183[/ATTACH]

atvrider 11-30-2013 06:00 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Way ahead if you! I closed my office at 2 Wednesday and have been in my sewing room ever since. Finished binding Summer Bliss and finished piecing Ribbon and Bows. Next project is a fusible appliqué and cutting blocks for a block of the month all at once project.

cpcarolyn 11-30-2013 06:59 AM

I am in. Have finished quilting two quilts for twin neigbor girls. Binding next. I am working on a felt and beaded stocking for 9 month old DGS and will be making two pillow cases for DGD. It has been a very productive week-end so far. I am loving it.