Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting—New Years Day (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting%97new-years-day-t301924.html)

Raggiemom 12-31-2018 07:05 PM

Virtual Quilting—New Years Day

I thought I would start the thread tonight in case anyone is really ambitious and wants to start at 12:01 am 🤗. I hope to get a border added to my lone star ufo (both Quiltsmart). That would be a wonderful start to 2019!

rryder 12-31-2018 07:16 PM

I want to get a border added to my fractured spiderweb UFO. But I’ll wait until morning for that!

Thanks for hosting and Happy New Year!

Rob

Conchalea 12-31-2018 07:20 PM

I’ve been working on Unwind since last Wednesday. All pieces are cut, strip sets sewn & cut into secondary shapes & 12 full blocks (made from 4 sub-units) are sewn & trimmed. Plus the 6 half-blocks needed for the lap-sized quilt I’m making are sewn & trimmed. All sub-blocks are made & ready to be sewn into full blocks. I’ll work on those more tomorrow. Thanks for hosting this VQW!

Sync 12-31-2018 07:32 PM

Raggiemom, thanks for hosting. I'll be working on Bonnie Hunter's mystery .......... trying to catch up.

cashs_mom 12-31-2018 07:37 PM

I'm in! I'm hoping to finish the top that I started on the last VQW. I have all the rows done and just need to put them together. I'm almost done putting the Christmas stuff away so I figure I can sew tomorrow and do the Christmas stuff later. :D

Irishrose2 12-31-2018 07:44 PM

FMQ a big one. Will also wash and press the fabric for my first bargello I want to start after my breast cancer surgery on the 8th. I don't think I'll be wrestling the king size under my little machine for a while after that.

Grannies G 12-31-2018 08:09 PM

I’m in too. After fighting with tension issues I finally got it set. I’m working on a charity quilt for the guild. Hope to get another row or two quilted tomorrow. Also working on beading last weekends hankie wall quilt.

happylab 12-31-2018 08:17 PM

I’m going to continue to work on BHMQ-GF steps. Several steps 1 & 5 just need to be trimmed and ironed. Steps 2 & 3 is 1/2 done and I’m waiting on step #6 for the reveal to figure out what I will do. Per Bonnie’s strong suggest. I’ll get up early and iron and sew. I’m doing extra pieces in each section. I should get most of my sections done.

Happy New Year everyone!!!!!

zozee 12-31-2018 08:21 PM

If I sew, it'll be to hand bind a doll quilt I just made on Thursday. I might continue the second doll quilt I started, but truly I need to keep plugging away at getting my sewing room back in order.

wesing 12-31-2018 10:16 PM

I finally have my daughter's Christmas quilt top and back done (not gift, but Christmas season bed quilt). I hope to get it on the quilting frame tomorrow. Hopefully having it there will ensure that she can use it for Christmas 2019. Anything I get done after it's on the frame is just a bonus.