Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend--Dec 18-20, 2020 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-dec-18-20-2020-a-t313514.html)

Raggiemom 12-17-2020 04:47 PM

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Dec 18-20, 2020

Are you frantically trying to finish Christmas presents? Or perhaps a UFO? Or maybe you just feel like starting a new project. Do you need to organize your quilting area to make space for end of year inventory sales? Whatever you're working on this weekend, I hope you join us for the Virtual Quilting Weekend. I have a Christmas present for my husband to quilt and bind this weekend (Yellow Brick Road quilt in Hot Wheels fabric) and a ufo to work on.

There will be a special VQW 12/31-1/1.

retiredteacher09 12-17-2020 06:09 PM

Thanks for hosting, Heather!

My main project will be a scrappy quilt top with various sizes of blocks and sashings. My leader/enders will be 4” squares. I’m making them into 4 patches.

Sync 12-17-2020 08:27 PM

Thanks for hosting. I have an unexpected long weekend. I’m waiting for backing fabric and batting (suppose to be here tomorrow), so I can put my Nesting Robin top on my floor frame. Still haven’t decided on a quilting pattern yet. My other project is to continue making blocks for BH’s Unity quilt top, along with my leader/enders.

tallchick 12-18-2020 02:39 AM

Thanks for hosting again Heather! I have to bind a quilt and get it in the mail by Monday, and I need to add another border to my Frolic quilt to turn it King size. My space also needs a good cleaning and once over, its looking rather unkempt at the moment. I always love seeing what everyone else is working on!

rvsfan 12-18-2020 03:40 AM

This is the first virtual quilting weekend I have participated in. I have a small quilt to add piping and binding. I am taking an online monthly quilting class and this is one class. When I finish that, I am 2 months behind so will watch both months, taking notes.

jmoore 12-18-2020 04:23 AM

Shucks...it is our weekend to take care of my 100 year old MIL in Massachusetts then DH and I have to get Covid tests done Monday morning when we return. 😏

I am looking forward to the next one on December 31st...thanks Heather.

rryder 12-18-2020 04:50 AM

Thanks for hosting, Heather!

I’ll be finishing up a bunch of odds and ends that I’ve been putting off- mainly sewing hanging sleeves and labels on finished quilts. I'm also taking Helen Godden’s Magic Mushroom class on painting with dyes. That was my reward for finishing the Big Butterfly.

Rob

Railroadersbrat 12-18-2020 05:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for hosting again, Heather!

I'll be in and out this weekend, my little sister will be here next week to spend Christmas with us, we'll be cleaning the house and getting things ready for her.

I've been making pretty good progress on the Rainbow Bridge wall hanging I'm doing, at least I think I'm making good progress. So when I'm not cleaning, I'll be cross-stitching. The picture is the first panel I've completed and working on panel two.

juliasb 12-18-2020 06:23 AM

I have several more Christmas Stockings to finish. They all need to be filled. My favorites will be the ones with "I love Quilting" T-Shirts in them.

petthefabric 12-18-2020 11:52 AM

I'll be at the long arm.