Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend -- December 16-18, 2016 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-december-16-18-2016-a-t284501.html)

Raggiemom 12-15-2016 03:51 PM

Virtual Quilting Weekend -- December 16-18, 2016

Welcome to Virtual Quilting Weekend. The next one will be January 15-16. What are you going to work on this weekend? Do you still have some Christmas presents to finish? Perhaps your sewing room needs to be organized so you start the new year off with a clean room (I should try this myself!). Or maybe you're ready to start a new project! Is there a UFO you want to complete before 2016 is gone? Whatever you're working, join us for a fun-filled weekend of quilting. I'm going shopping at a few quilt shops tomorrow then will hopefully finish a couple projects Saturday and Sunday.

cjsews 12-15-2016 04:08 PM

I just finished all Christmas projects. This weekend I need to clean that wreck I call my sewing room so I can get gifts wrapped. Then on to anything fun without any time constraints.

NZquilter 12-15-2016 04:23 PM

I'll be working on Bonnie Hunter's MQ and some Christmas sewing. I need to finish a tree skirt and some stockings for the kiddies. Thanks for leading us on another VQW!

Doggramma 12-15-2016 04:43 PM

Finish quilting my tree skirt and my daughter's table runner, make a shoe bag for my son in law, then hopefully finish up my orange peel Christmas quilt. No one is coming until the day after Christmas so I feel like I'm going to get everything done in time.

Nammie to 7 12-15-2016 05:20 PM

I will be changing labels on quilts -- The boys saw the quilts hanging and liked different ones than I thought they would!

SarahBethie 12-15-2016 05:22 PM

I've been away from my machine. Our temperatures are at a seasonal low and it's quite cold. My sewing center is stationed before a window with a wonderful city view. But the chill has left me stagnant. I'm in search of a small heater!

Organization is at the top of my list. I have some new quilting books from the library and I'm eager to pour through them. Sewing wise, I'll set things up for one of my projects. An early start coupled with a steaming cuppa will keep the cold at bay and encourage me to push forward.

QuiltingVagabond 12-15-2016 05:36 PM

I will sew along if I am ever home - Saturday is our family Christmas at my sister's lake house in Brown County (IN). But our DIL is waiting a call from her OB doc and may go in for delivery of my grandkid #4 this weekend and if that happens all bets are off.
Her due date is 3 weeks away but she is high risk and showing signs of pre-eclampsia so most likely will deliver sooner.

Sandra in Minnesota 12-15-2016 06:10 PM

I have a lot of projects that have to be done for Christmas, and we are expecting a blizzard tomorrow afternoon - thru Sunday, so it will be wonderful to be able to just sew, sew, sew. Got lots of food in the house and a nice warm kitty, so what more could one ask for a great weekend?

MFord 12-15-2016 06:17 PM

I definitely intend to quilt, though I may forget to posts anything more about it! I need to finish a quilt for my MIL, who isn't doing at all well, so that's my priority. Then I'll try to get a border around the center of a king size quilt for my daughter and call it good for Christmas for her. Maybe she'll get it by June!

I also want to make, or buy and personalize, a stocking for my son's GF, who is Jewish. We're celebrating both Christmas and Hanukkah this year. I need to think about cooking next week!

NZquilter 12-15-2016 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingVagabond (Post 7719773)
I will sew along if I am ever home - Saturday is our family Christmas at my sister's lake house in Brown County (IN). But our DIL is waiting a call from her OB doc and may go in for delivery of my grandkid #4 this weekend and if that happens all bets are off.
Her due date is 3 weeks away but she is high risk and showing signs of pre-eclampsia so most likely will deliver sooner.

Wishing all the best and a safe delivery for your DIL. She will be in my prayers this weekend. Please keep us posted on when the little grandchild is born:)