Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend--January 18-20, 2019 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-january-18-20-2019-a-t302339.html)

Raggiemom 01-17-2019 03:15 PM

Virtual Quilting Weekend--January 18-20, 2019

Welcome to VQW. I need to run to the grocery store first thing in the morning so thought I would get the thread started as I'm sure there will be quilters working before I return from the store. I'm hoping to finish a couple quilts this weekend and catch up on a couple BOMs. Seems like I'm always behind on those! What will you work on this weekend? Looking forward to seeing what everyone is doing.

Next VQW will be February 15-18, 2019.

Belfrybat 01-17-2019 03:20 PM

I need this. And since Saturday is supposed to be cold and windy, I think I'll stay in and quilt. I have two UFOs I like to get finished: Cloudy Day Sampler by Happy Cloud Creations and the Mystery quilt by National Quilters Circle. I have two blocks to finish on Cloudy Day plus the sashings and the last two clue on the mystery quilt. I don't know why I quit working on them, but would like to get them done.

Quiltah Mama 01-17-2019 03:23 PM

Oh good. Great timing. If you have seen the national weather, you'll know we're getting a whopper of a storm this weekend in the northeast. I'm in. Got the seven quilts I started on the New Years VQ day. Got the binding to finish on them. Thank you Raggiemom for starting this. :thumbup:

QuiltingVagabond 01-17-2019 03:50 PM

I will be sewing this weekend too, the weather doesn't lend itself to going out... Today I was working on a MSQC design - Dizzy Daisy for a charity quilt.

Watson 01-17-2019 04:56 PM

Working on binding a lap quilt for a friend and beginning the quilting on my horse collage.

I also bought a really cute pattern for a wall hanging that I just might buy the fabrics for...you only need 2 1/2" BWOF of 8 colours and a yard of white.... That's not much, right?

Watson

rryder 01-17-2019 05:07 PM

I’m in! I worked today to get the painting done on a UFO and it’s almost there. Tomorrow’s a barn day, but I may get the rest of the painting done when I get home. Still trying to decide if I want to add some more quilting using metallics here and there. Hope to get itndone this weekend.

thanks for hosting, raggiemom.

Rob

midwife 01-17-2019 05:18 PM

I need to add borders and then quilt one I'm making for my grandson.

Grannies G 01-17-2019 05:23 PM

I’m in, want to get the binding done on a cuddle quilt for guild, stitch down a vase then bind a piece to finish out three for a friend. Do have to go out for a bit tho.

Boston1954 01-17-2019 05:24 PM

I am making progress on the hand quilting of a twenty block batik lap quilt, and have about 9 blocks done on a Courthouse Steps that I started about a week ago.

happylab 01-17-2019 05:36 PM

I will be sewing this weekend too. Another cold snowy weekend. So... I will be working on my BHMQ GF, trying to finish the blocks and borders while enlarging the pattern. As a break I will be working on getting all of my fabric together, washed and decide on a color plan for the blocks for the 365 day challenge. And finally for my ufo project, I will finish a small simple wall hanging. Happy sewing everyone.

Thank-you Raggiemom for starting this early.