Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend--May 25-28, 2018 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-may-25-28-2018-a-t297145.html)

Raggiemom 05-24-2018 02:18 PM

Virtual Quilting Weekend--May 25-28, 2018

Welcome to this month's VQW! I hope you are able to quilt with me this weekend. I have an ambitious weekend planned (I don't want to have to mulch the landscaping!). I have two blocks for my Deb Tucker block of the month to do, cut strips for a Deb Tucker class next Thursday (Morning Glory), and I would like to quilt a couple small quilts. One of the local shops is having a sale; if I buy 5 yards or more of fabric, I get 25% off. I'm trying to be good and ignore that information though. We'll see how well that works out!

What are you working on this weekend? Are you starting Christmas presents, or finishing last year's? Cleaning and organizing your room and stash? Shopping to add to your stash? Maybe making something for yourself, or a charity? Whatever you're working on, please share with us.

Next VQW is June 29-July 1.

QuiltingVagabond 05-24-2018 02:29 PM

Hi Heather! No sewing for me this weekend, we have a 4 day garage sale planned. And enough baby and toddler clothes for a small village LOL - I should know, as I have priced it all! I will check in every day though to see all the wonderful projects that are happening.

frustratedquilter40 05-24-2018 03:21 PM

I am in! Working on Wild N Goosey by Bonnie Hunter and a couple of smaller things when I need a break :thumbup:

PamelaOry 05-24-2018 03:25 PM

I’ve got piecing for a large bed quilt to work on and two small pouches cut and ready to put together. If I can also get my fabric ready for boom21...I will call it a successful weekend.

happylab 05-24-2018 03:27 PM

Good evening Heather, I plan to work on making most of my swap blocks this weekend. I have 10 blocks I will cut/sew. That will finish that swap. I will start on my 100 6” 9-patch blocks for another swap. Then I will cut out and maybe start sewing for my last swap group. I’m so excited you started this tonight. I could get more cut if my cat got off my cutting mats. In between that I will work on a small UFO, and quilt a small baby quilt. I’ll check in off and on throughout the weekend.

NZquilter 05-24-2018 04:58 PM

I'll be joining everyone this weekend! I'm working on some Sister's Choice blocks using the swapped 9-patches in the centers.

rryder 05-24-2018 05:19 PM

Hey all,
I’ve got 8 placemats ready for quilting tomorrow. On Saturday a quilting friend is coming over to play who knows what we’ll get up to. And I’ve got several art quilts that need quilting and embellishment so those will get some atention on Sunday.

looking forward to seeing what everyone”s working on.

Rob

Dedemac 05-24-2018 05:22 PM

Already started, we are at the cabin. Cut strips for a table runner today, want to get that done tomorrow. Then work on a chemo quilt, and bind my table topper. All while enjoying the great outdoors.

Macybaby 05-24-2018 05:28 PM

I'll be alternating between getting the garden planted and quilting. It's going to get hot the next few days so I'll be outside in the morning and evenings and in with the LA and AC during the hot.

I have a lot of tops that I need to get working on.

Boston1954 05-24-2018 05:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm In! I saw a picture online and drew it up in my EQ5. (Here it is.) I have all of the blocks done, and several are sewn together. I am also making progress on hand quilting my Converging Streets.