Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual quilting weekend Nov 11-13, 2022 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-nov-11-13-2022-a-t319507.html)

Raggiemom 11-10-2022 04:58 PM

Virtual quilting weekend Nov 11-13, 2022

Welcome to VQW! Has it been a month already since we quilted together? I don’t think I’ll get much done this weekend. I tested positive for Covid Monday and although I am starting to feel a little better, I have no energy. I do have a pile of paper pieced blocks that need the paper removed. I will be happy if I get that done this weekend! So what will you be working on this weekend?

i will do a special VQW November 24-27. The next regular one will be weekend before Christmas, December 16-18.

petthefabric 11-10-2022 05:24 PM

Thanks for hosting.
Praying for your recovery.

Gemm 11-10-2022 06:48 PM

Probably just going to lurk here but if I do manage to get some time in the sewing room I'll be reporting it here to celebrate! Happy sewing, everyone!

thimblebug6000 11-10-2022 08:48 PM

I am playing with a banner type thing for my granddaughter’s 2nd bday. She loves Zoom, zoom, zoom, going to the moon and I couldn’t find any fabric or panels on that theme. Will post a picture of the WIP later.

quiltingcandy 11-10-2022 09:04 PM

I hope to finish piecing a Christmas quilt for my Son-in-Law. I am doubt that I will be able to get it quilted before Christmas, but if I can at least have it to the LA before Thanksgiving, that puts me ahead of the game. (Best laid plans, I had it all set to finish in August when I fell and broke my left wrist, which required surgery.). Finally got the strength back in my hand so I can grip again and getting it all together.

LogCabin82 11-10-2022 10:00 PM

I will probably do epp because I had to get the sewing room ready for guests and it’s a hassle to bring my machine out.

tallchick 11-11-2022 02:17 AM

Thanks for hosting again Heather, I hope you fee better soon! I am in and working on the my neighbors quilt. I am looking forward to seeing what everyone is working on.

WMUTeach 11-11-2022 03:26 AM

This welcome weekend event came sneaking up on me quietly in the early morning. My plans will be simple:
1. Add binding to two quilts
2. If time allows, make more Christmas decorations to share with friends and family.
3. Finish the few little sewing/alteration projects.

That is more than enough for one weekend. Happy sewing, quilting and project progress.

QuiltMom2 11-11-2022 04:14 AM

Saturday Holly Mart sale at church: will be selling/talking "quilt" for 5 hours straight. (not my thing, I'll admit but I can do it!) I'm off to get set up which is a couple hours work in itself.

aashley333 11-11-2022 04:22 AM

I am working on the quilting of a scrappy quilt. I am using the double needle and triple needle with colored threads and metallic threads with a serpentine stitch. It's slow going because the needles have so much to "punch" through! Also, designing a quilt specifically to use as a table cover for dining table.