Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend -- Nov 13 to Nov 15, 2016 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-nov-13-nov-15-2016-a-t272203.html)

GailG 11-13-2015 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by huskyquilter (Post 7375617)
What's a tube quilt?

Check out Jenny Doan's tube quilt tutorial. It was fun to make.

Dedemac 11-13-2015 08:01 PM

I'm in but can't sew much until Sunday, DH leaves for a work trip then. Have 8 memory quilts to finish before December. Also a few Christmas ornaments to finish.

Jeanne S 11-13-2015 08:17 PM

I am going to try to join in but not until Saturday night and Sunday----have two quilts to put binding on. But tomorrow will be driving to Edmond for my grandson's second birthday party and won't be back home till around 6 pm.

jeanharville 11-13-2015 08:46 PM

I've never participated in the virtual quilt along before. What's involved? I think I would like to because I plan to finish piecing a backing then sandwiching and FMQing. I would love to get pretty far along with the quilting by the time the weekend end.

DOTTYMO 11-13-2015 11:20 PM

Planning to join in other activities permitting.

pennycandy 11-14-2015 01:34 AM

I'm planning/pattern making a cover of my car's back seat. Quilting will be involved. I've found the fabrics and need to make pattern pieces to figure out how much I need. It felt like I had taken a yoga class when I took measurements. A lot of twisting and turning in a small space and some of my muscles reminded me that I hadn't used them in a while.

GloriaC 11-14-2015 03:04 AM

I'm in!!! I am making the Attic Window Quilt with a panel and it is really going together well!!!!

donac 11-14-2015 03:40 AM

I am in. Yesterday afternoon I opened 1500 safety pins so that this morning I could baste a wedding quilt for my niece. I plan to quilt it using perle cotton so that is for the rest of the weekend. I do have to go with dh to see his mom who came home from the hospital the other day. We also have tickets to see Peter Pan that I helped with costumes.

jmoore 11-14-2015 03:43 AM

I've been away for three weeks... I definitely will join in. I have one that I am binding, and 3 tops to sandwich. I do not have recipients for two but they would make lovely Christmas gifts for someone. I just set my sewing machine up on my dining room table last night so will be anxious to get going this morning after I've had my second cup of coffee. Thanks for coordinating the Virtual Weekends.

copycat 11-14-2015 03:50 AM

Guild workshop today!

Originally Posted by Raggiemom (Post 7375226)
Welcome to the Friday the 13th quilting weekend :) I hope many of you will join me in the quilting room this weekend. I have a couple tops to quilt and bind. I am not allowing myself to start a new project until the four completed tops are totally finished. And it's torture! There are several new projects just begging me to start them. If anyone has any questions, just ask on here or pm me. Can't wait to see what everyone else is working on.

I am going to a class today sponsored by our guild. I told myself that is why I am starting a new project...to support the guild:). Good luck completing your four quilts. The quilt we are making involves appliqueing circles to a background and cutting the block into fourths. That is all I know until I go today and receive the pattern. I decided on fall colors. I wish I could join you all weekend to quilt but I am thankful for today.

Have a happy quilting weekend and don't forget to stop and eat a bit of chocolate for energy.