Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend--Sept 3-6, 2021 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-sept-3-6-2021-a-t316284.html)

Raggiemom 09-03-2021 04:51 AM

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Sept 3-6, 2021

Whoops! I'm a little late starting the thread this month, I forgot the date :)

Welcome to Virtual Quilting Weekend. I hope many of you will be able to join us in whatever way works best for you. Quilting, planning, organizing, lurking--whatever you feel like doing this weekend. I'm going to be doing some of all of those I think. So join us and share what you're doing.

Next month's VQW will be October 8-11.

QuiltBaer 09-03-2021 05:05 AM

This will be a quilting weekend for me. I quilted a quilt yesterday and hope to get another one quilted today or tomorrow. That means a binding session will follow. And I have to get caught up on my hand piecing blocks.

Snooze2978 09-03-2021 05:32 AM

Finally got my quilted tablecloth finished along with valances from the same fabric. Also finished quilted and binding an embroidered runner for my spare bedroom dresser. Next on the frame is another runner with 5 embroidered snowmen blocks so custom quilting is in store for that. If all goes well I should have most of it done tomorrow as I don't sew on Sundays. Finally got my sewing mojo back after it missing for over 18 months. It's good not to be afraid of my machines again.

juliasb 09-03-2021 06:03 AM

This might be just what I need to take my mind off of other things happening here. My mom died last Saturday and I can use a real break from everything that has been going on there.
I have a group of blocks I am working on right now. #4 is partially sewn on my cutting table. There are 12 blocks all together and I have a lot of catching up to do. I would like to get at least some of these blocks finished. It would be great to get all 12 of them finished. Who knows I might get done a quilt top too?
So now I am up for the challenge.

Doggramma 09-03-2021 06:11 AM

I have a charity quiltto sandwich and quilt. I’ve been putting it off but it needs to get done.

tallchick 09-03-2021 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by juliasb (Post 8505795)
This might be just what I need to take my mind off of other things happening here. My mom died last Saturday and I can use a real break from everything that has been going on there.
I have a group of blocks I am working on right now. #4 is partially sewn on my cutting table. There are 12 blocks all together and I have a lot of catching up to do. I would like to get at least some of these blocks finished. It would be great to get all 12 of them finished. Who knows I might get done a quilt top too?
So now I am up for the challenge.

Hugs, I am so sorry for your loss.

I am in! I have just 3 blocks left to sew together for En Provence then I hope to at least get it loaded on the longarm, I am ready to move on to a new project already.

I am looking forward to seeing everyones projects, thanks for hosting again Heather!

retiredteacher09 09-03-2021 07:26 AM

I’m in!

juliasb: My deepest sympathy on the loss of your mother.

I am working on Confirmation stoles for my church. This is a new adventure for me. I have 29 cut out of red felt. I used my 6” ruler to cut the width, cut a triangle out of the top fold, stitched the angle, pressed, and am now zigzagging the seam to lay flatter. I have a sample from the person who did the stoles previously so I could use that for the angle. The church will have someone embroider names on them.

Thanks Raggiemom for starting this thread again. It’s been a while since I joined in.

Iceblossom 09-03-2021 07:35 AM

My sympathies, Juliasb. Even when things are expected, you can't ever really be prepared.

I've been dealing with issues in my real life as well. I am certainly feeling a bit lost and distracted -- I think VQW is exactly what I need!

So, since last weekend, my Cranky Bernie machine has been in the shop. I just got it back a couple of days ago, but I want to spend about 30 minutes in my sewing room getting ready. So that will be my first task. Putting together the Froggy Beach blocks which are pinned and waiting will be second. Hoping that's all today.

And then -- if the weather holds out, tomorrow I'm going to pull out and put up my free ping pong table in the back yard and I am going to layer down one of my tops and get it quilted! Will still be using spray baste. I bought clamps and should be adequately set up to start. First top quilted will most likely be rather large and simple serpentine stitch. Probably should try to figure out in my head which top to start with, as one of today's tasks...

Next top in line after the warm up is the University of Michigan top, Aunt Debbie Bleeds Blue. That one needs out by the end of the year. And then we see how many quilts tops and battings do we have... Well, I actually have a spread sheet for the tops, not so sure how much I have left on my roll of batting and have to see what pre-packaged batts can be used with what tops.

thimblebug6000 09-03-2021 07:40 AM

I will trace out the Sept. Monkey block from pumpkinpatchbc.com BOM for a start.

petthefabric 09-03-2021 07:44 AM

Julia and iceblossom: virtual hugs.. A fisical distraction (VQW) helps me to concentrate so I can have releif from some of the pain.

I'm in. Mostly organizing. PT is still saying to rest my hand: no sewing.