Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-t251160.html)

kristakz 08-01-2014 01:25 PM

Virtual Quilting Weekend

Anyone want to join me for a virtual quilting weekend? It's a long weekend here with a holiday on Monday, so I have 3 days to make some serious progress. I have grand plans, which I don't expect to complete but I sure hope to make a good dent in the list.

First, I need to get the current customer quilt (custom quilting of a hand-appliqued quilt) off the long arm. About 3/4 done, and I hope to complete it tonight. Then I have a sample to complete for the local quilt store. Top is done, backing is half-done, and it's next on the machine - because I foolishly said I could do this for next weekend. Then I have to decide - catch up on the 3 block of the month projects I'm working on, or cut into one of the other planned-but-not-started projects I have piled around my quilt room. Or let guilt get the better of me and load up the next customer quilt, since I have 3 more to finished before the 20th.

QuiltingVagabond 08-01-2014 02:18 PM

I will join you Krista, first weekend in a while that I didn't work or travel. I am working on a Halloween panel.
I do want to do some weeding in the flower beds too though.

GingerK 08-01-2014 02:26 PM

I am hoping to get into the sewing room too. This is the first weekend I have not worked all or part of, in more months than I want to think about. Reason--I am officially unemployed as of yesterday and I could not be happier!! BTW this was my decision, not a termination.

So, what to do....I do have a baby quilt that needs FMQ....I could cut squares and strips from my scrap bucket....I could work on the 3 months of BOM that are still in their envelopes....I c ould actually just PLAY.... ooooh that sounds like fun! I actually hope it rains so that I don't have to do any yard work!

SewExtremeSeams 08-01-2014 02:29 PM

Not sure if I will actually sit at the machine. However, I am going to be rearranging my fabric stash IN ORDER to be able to sew/quilt. Who knows, though, I may just take a break and sew!!:D

Jackie Spencer 08-01-2014 02:32 PM

I will be sewing with Quilting friends all day tomorrow and at home Sun. Working on my GD's quilt and Pillow Shams. Put it on the back burner, while I was working on a Queen size quilt, I donated for a raffle quilt for my other GD's Junior high Dance Team. They have won State the last 2 years. Will check in with you when I get home tomorrow. Have a lovely time!!

Jeanne S 08-01-2014 02:42 PM

I will join in. I have a top half finished that I am giving to my niece for Christmas that I would like to finish piecing. And I have fabric for 2 more charity quilts to cut, and another charity quilt top done that needs to be sandwiched and quilted! Way more than I can do in one weekend. However tomorrow morning I am taking off to drive to see my 8 month old grandson that I haven't seen in a month! Quilting when I get back!!

AllyStitches 08-01-2014 02:47 PM

I wish I could join you! I'll probably be in and out of my sewing room throughout the weekend, but the bulk of my work will be done tonight. I have to finish my MIL's quilt so I can give it to her tomorrow.

QandE2010 08-01-2014 02:48 PM

I am in the middle of quilting (on my Bernina 830) 4 quilts that were put back since Christmas due to various life events. I have one quilted and it is ready for the binding. The 2nd one is about half quilted. I'm doing ruler work on it and will put a design in the 35 star blocks. The 3rd one will be quilted with an "X in all the blocks, and the 4th's quilting design is still up in the air. I'll quilt all day tomorrow, with time out for scrubbing my sunroom. Then Sunday afternoon I'll be quilting again. Hopefully, I'll be able to makes one progress. I need these off my bucket list!

knitwitrosie 08-01-2014 02:51 PM

I will join you!! Have the house to myself until Sunday, so I'm definitely going to be spending some quality time in my sewing room playing with my new machine :D

I'm working on a lattice quilt (quilt #2 I need to get done by Christmas) and I am making Hubby a button-down shirt he requested. Just got done eating dinner, going to change into some comfy clothes, and get to work :)

I do have mountains of laundry that I need to start tomorrow, along with getting the house cleaned up, but I'm hoping by early afternoon I'll be done with the boring 'ol chores and can get back to work!

Raggiemom 08-01-2014 03:08 PM

I'll join you. I have 2 quilts to sandwich and hopefully quilt this weekend. I would love to finish both of them but since I'm taking a Machine Applique class with Pat Sloan on Sunday, I'm not sure if I'll get them both done or not. I suppose I should plan to pack the sewing machine and necessary class supplies tomorrow!