Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Wal-Mart Material (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/wal-mart-material-t46727.html)

buckeyed 05-22-2010 08:25 AM

If any of you quilters live close to Springfield, OH, the Wal-Mart on Rte. 40 has material and the quilt of the month with material. Prices are from $2.24yd. to $2.94 per yd. I spoke with the manager of the department and she said she was told to order material so I don't know how long it will be available but she thinks her dept. is there to stay. Good thing I had left the bank card at home, if you know what I mean! :thumbup:

luv-e 05-22-2010 08:26 AM

LOL LOL I hear Ya

sharon b 05-22-2010 08:34 AM

Glad to hear that you are keeping the fabric for the moment :thumbup:

Jannie 05-22-2010 09:10 AM

Hopefully she is right & you will keep the fabric. So many are making their fabric areas really small or taking it out all together.

TanyaMas 05-22-2010 09:18 AM

our WM moved all their regularly $2.44/yd to $1
lol scared me, but our fabric lady said they just ordered more than usual and these werent part of the new designs... so, it could be youre expecting new designs at yours too :D
i had to go ahead and finish a few bolts for them lol..
budget gone again lol.. but i didnt have a choice 1 of the fabrics is 1 im using for my DDs quilt and already have blocks made for it :D

stitches_ia 05-22-2010 09:21 AM

Be careful when buying Wal-Mart fabric especially if you are going to make a quilt that you are putting a lot of work into. Their quality is not the same as your LQS would be, even if they have the same pattern or fabric manufacturer. I have been told that the big-box stores get the "first run" of fabric and is not printed on the good grade of greige goods that quilt shop fabric is printed on. Has anyone else been told this same information?? I have heard it several times from different people.

TanyaMas 05-22-2010 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by stitches_ia
Be careful when buying Wal-Mart fabric especially if you are going to make a quilt that you are putting a lot of work into. Their quality is not the same as your LQS would be, even if they have the same pattern or fabric manufacturer. I have been told that the big-box stores get the "first run" of fabric and is not printed on the good grade of greige goods that quilt shop fabric is printed on. Has anyone else been told this same information?? I have heard it several times from different people.

i have heard this, and i do understand...
but there is only 1 LQS here and nothing under $12 a yd or $2.99 for FQs... personally... there is NO way i can justify myself in paying that much, i still have young children at home, and do my own quilting. Would love to spend a couple hundred dollars to make each quilt... but i cant :D

linda55 05-22-2010 11:27 AM

:lol: so you are saying that, that department is not closing

amma 05-22-2010 12:31 PM

Woo Hoo!!! So happy to hear that :D:D:D
Knock on wood, ours is still selling fabric too!!!

linda55 05-22-2010 01:00 PM

:lol: that is where i get most of my fabric's. i am having trouble with some of the store's website downloading the pie patterns and receipts. is there anyone who can help me i would appreciate it very much