Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Walking foot or Stitch In The Ditch foot for quilting? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/walking-foot-stitch-ditch-foot-quilting-t168650.html)

Dina 11-17-2011 08:01 PM

I use the SID with my Pfaff also, but, since the walking foot is built in, that is what makes this possible. I am really really good at SID because of that. :) ...and I need all the help I can get. :)

Dina 11-17-2011 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by sewbelle52 (Post 4691507)
Where did you get the SID foot for your Pfaff?

I bought my SID from my local quilt store, where I bought my machine. I bet you could order one online though. Just google it.

Dina

Val in IN 11-18-2011 07:52 AM

I use a walking foot and 505 spray baste. I never have buildup on my needle with the 505. I've never used a SID foot but the walking foot works really well.

sewmary 11-18-2011 09:03 AM

I too use a SITD foot with my Pfaff built in "walking foot". It is the perfect combination and although nothing is perfect in life, I can do pretty well with these.

SueSew 11-18-2011 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by sewmary (Post 4694198)
I too use a SITD foot with my Pfaff built in "walking foot". It is the perfect combination and although nothing is perfect in life, I can do pretty well with these.

So jealous of those neat built-ins!!! :hunf:

ManiacQuilter2 11-18-2011 11:59 AM

I have always stitch in the ditch using my walking foot to keep the sandwich moving evenly but then I have an outdated Bernina I am STILL quilting on, a 1530 !!!

hobbykat1955 11-18-2011 04:44 PM

Have both but only use the walking foot for SID...ditto on above it moves the fabric so no blips on the back

ube quilting 11-18-2011 05:20 PM

I have never heard of a SITD foot. I do have a guide that I can attach to any of my standard feet (not the darning foot). It allowes me to have exact distances between lines of stitching.

I do use both my walking foot with the guide attached to do crosshatching or straight line sewing with spray basted quilts. It works fine. I sew in opposite directions to help reduce the amount of drag and stretching in the same direction.

When I do SITD sewing I use either the Walking foot or 1/4" foot foot without the guide 'cause the seam is the guide I follow. Reducing the speed of the machine helps with acurate sewing. I have found that spray basting works with any kind of machine quilting and have never had a problem. Some basting sprays leave more reside than others so I always have some nail polish remover and Q-tips on hand to wipe the presser foot and needle if basting glue accumulates on them.

Could some one please discribe a SITD foot? I have never heard of it. Thanks
peace

AFQSinc 11-18-2011 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by ube quilting (Post 4695853)
I have never heard of a SITD foot. I do have a guide that I can attach to any of my standard feet (not the darning foot). It allowes me to have exact distances between lines of stitching.

I do use both my walking foot with the guide attached to do crosshatching or straight line sewing with spray basted quilts. It works fine. I sew in opposite directions to help reduce the amount of drag and stretching in the same direction.

When I do SITD sewing I use either the Walking foot or 1/4" foot foot without the guide 'cause the seam is the guide I follow. Reducing the speed of the machine helps with acurate sewing. I have found that spray basting works with any kind of machine quilting and have never had a problem. Some basting sprays leave more reside than others so I always have some nail polish remover and Q-tips on hand to wipe the presser foot and needle if basting glue accumulates on them.

Could some one please discribe a SITD foot? I have never heard of it. Thanks
peace

Basically the foot has a blade, kind of in the center of the foot that opens the 'ditch' as the foot moves along. Here is a link to a thread that I started a little bit ago regarding the foot.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...t-t146300.html