Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   wall hanging or lap quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/wall-hanging-lap-quilt-t292081.html)

minibarn 10-22-2017 05:29 PM

wall hanging or lap quilt

1 Attachment(s)
I made this as a wall hanging, but I think it might be a bit large for that so I thought about adding borders and making it a lap quilt. I thought about doing a 1" dark blue frame, then using the three colors that are already in the quilt and making three borders. The 3 would look just like the 3 color blocks in the quilt. That would take it from a 28" square wall hanging to a 50" square lap quilt. My question is would that look OK for a lap quilt or is the size fine for a wall hanging? So leave it or enlarge it? Thanks

The squares that look blank actually have light yellow flowers embroidered on them.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]582718[/ATTACH]

SusieQOH 10-22-2017 05:49 PM

That's adorable! I think the size is just fine for a wallhanging.

QuiltnNan 10-22-2017 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH (Post 7929800)
That's adorable! I think the size is just fine for a wallhanging.

i agree with this

GingerK 10-23-2017 04:10 AM

I also think it is fine for a wall hanging. It all depends what you want it to be.

minibarn 10-23-2017 05:35 AM

Well, I guess I am just going to leave it. I am very torn as to what to do but leaving it means I'll be done sooner, lol. I like that idea the most.

Thank you all.

SusieQOH 10-23-2017 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by minibarn (Post 7930040)
Well, I guess I am just going to leave it. I am very torn as to what to do but leaving it means I'll be done sooner, lol. I like that idea the most.

Thank you all.

Don't you just love having permission to move on? lol :D
Kidding aside- I'm not crazy about lap quilts but that's just me b/c I'm always cold so I like to snuggle up. I know they are popular with a lot of people.
That's not why I said I liked it the way it is. I really think the size is great for a wall.

Sharnql 10-23-2017 08:01 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I use all sizes for wall to bring color to a room. Living room has high ceilings so used. Larger one there. See pics

Jingle 10-23-2017 06:34 PM

Will look great on a wall. Very pretty.

minibarn 10-23-2017 08:08 PM

I'm just glad that everyone thinks it will be fine for a wall hanging. I don't really like the idea of a lap quilt either, they have their place but I prefer something larger really. I will post photos when it's completed, which shouldn't be to long except that I have a couple of small projects that need to get completed ASAP.

Thanks everyone, and Sharnql your quilts are pretty thanks for sharing it helps me to see that bigger sized wall hangings work too.

Mariah 10-26-2017 11:33 AM

I say either would be fine. I have a 5-row-5 in a row wall hanging from a row quilt I was in on QB. It is large, but we enjoy it and get lots of compliments on it.
Mariah