Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Walmart carries Warm & Natural batting (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/walmart-carries-warm-natural-batting-t39009.html)

pam1966 03-08-2010 09:04 PM

They want $5.47 /yd for 45" wide. Isn't that a bit pricey? I've never tried it but I know a lot of you ladies like it.

amma 03-08-2010 09:08 PM

I have bought from them in a pinch, but I still lprefer buying yardage at JoAnn's with a coupon:D:D:D

pam1966 03-08-2010 09:12 PM

If only we had a JoAnn's here....can you believe there isn't one in the whole state? But there is one about two hours away in Mississippi.

I'm usually stuck with going to Hobby Lobby and hoping they have a size I need. I hate the batting at Hancock Fabrics...their "Sew Perfect" line IMO is "sew perfectly worthless".

mrspete 03-08-2010 09:14 PM

I've been pooched-lip since the clerk at Walmart told me they would not be replacing the stock of fabric that has been sold.......they are doing away with the fabric. Really makes me sad.

pam1966 03-08-2010 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by mrspete
I've been pooched-lip since the clerk at Walmart told me they would not be replacing the stock of fabric that has been sold.......they are doing away with the fabric. Really makes me sad.

That's very sad. I guess I'm lucky to be living in a somewhat podunk city, because I think women here would go on strike if they closed the fabric department down here.

Quilter2B 03-08-2010 09:21 PM

JoAnn's had the 60" Warm & Natural on sale last week for $5.99 /yd (1/2 off). One of our Walmart's has all the fabric RED TAGGED. They are closing that department. I don't buy much from Walmart (Joann's is across the street) but it is a big disappointment.

Jois 03-08-2010 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by pam1966
If only we had a JoAnn's here....can you believe there isn't one in the whole state? But there is one about two hours away in Mississippi.

I'm usually stuck with going to Hobby Lobby and hoping they have a size I need. I hate the batting at Hancock Fabrics...their "Sew Perfect" line IMO is "sew perfectly worthless".

Try ordering from JoAnn.com on line. You can use those 40% coupons on line just as you would in a store. Sign up for their ads, too. The inventory is so large that it becomes a pain in the neck to search through the fabrics. Once I find a fabric I think I want, I send myself a link so I can find the same fabric or item easily when I'm ready.

Jois

Granna of 5 03-08-2010 11:41 PM

There is a Jo Ann's in Nashville and I am sure there is one in Memphis. I have been to the one in Nashville, but order on line as it is 100 miles to Nashville or Memphis.

Granna of 5 03-08-2010 11:44 PM

They are getting rid of all their fabric at our Walmart in May, sure will hurt a little rural town as ours since most places went out of business when Walmart came in.

Oklahoma Suzie 03-09-2010 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by amma
I have bought from them in a pinch, but I still lprefer buying yardage at JoAnn's with a coupon:D:D:D

yes me too