Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Walmart fabric, again. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/walmart-fabric-again-t45629.html)

Candace 05-12-2010 07:15 AM

Oh shoot! Poor camera!

Pam 05-12-2010 07:23 AM

I buy stuff from Walmart when it suits what I am working on, Jo Ann's too, I buy what looks like good quality, and both of those carry a wide range of different qualities of fabric.

I just bought everything that I needed at a dry goods store near my town. YES a dry goods store! Did you know that they were still out there?

It is called the Farmer's Store, over 100 years old, has always been in the same family. The recently moved the wedding, formal dresses and shoes to another shop, called that The Farmer's Daughter!

BellaBoo 05-12-2010 07:26 AM

How nice! I haven't been to a store like that in years.

KBunn 05-12-2010 07:28 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I bought it too! I love the quilt of the month. Not the greatests pic but here it is! I so hope or Walmart does not do away with it now that they are remodeling

fabrics
[ATTACH=CONFIG]64451[/ATTACH]

pattern
[ATTACH=CONFIG]64452[/ATTACH]

iltoaz 05-12-2010 07:31 AM

Guess I'll be checking the fabric at the WalMart

thequilterslink 05-12-2010 07:32 AM

Love that pattern, very pretty...off to walmart i go :)

piledriver 05-12-2010 07:52 AM

This group of fabrics are from the WalMart QoM program but they are not from DAVID Textiles. The printed pattern and the un-marked fabric in this photo are from A.E. Nathan. Occasionally, there is a 2nd free pattern in a given month available at WalMart and this one always seems to be from David Textiles. In my humble opinion the David Textiles are a bit nicer fabric quality. However, I am happy to say that the few A. E. Nathan projects that I have assembled (key words here FEW and ASSEMBLED) have come out very nicely and were just what the doctor ordered for a brand newbie. I have liked them so much that I make a point of buying them each month. My thought process was I'd have plenty to work with once the fabric departments have disappeared. Looks like here in the Baltimore area that will be sooner rather than later.
Chances are if your store that is remodeling didn't have first a 25% off fabric sale; then 50% off fabric sale; and finally a 75% off sale prior to the start of the remodeling process you may be keeping the department.
Have fun while it lasts.
Cathy

Originally Posted by KBunn
I bought it too! I love the quilt of the month. Not the greatests pic but here it is! I so hope or Walmart does not do away with it now that they are remodeling

bearisgray 05-12-2010 07:56 AM

The store in Dade City, Florida did have the sales, but they WERE NOT marked or advertised -

And then one day everything was loaded up and taken away.

BellaBoo 05-12-2010 07:59 AM

I got two of the fabrics in the picture. The rest of mine are different. And they all have David Textiles on the selvage.

sharon b 05-12-2010 08:16 AM

I have two WalMarts close to me , one gets only the patterns, the other only the fabrics , go figure :roll: