Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Walmart Fabric Good News (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/walmart-fabric-good-news-t56314.html)

TXnsLov2Quilt 07-31-2010 09:25 AM

This is good news. My Walmart has fabric and other notions. They had told me awhile back that they were doing away with that dept. But now I am going to voice my desire for them to continue carrying fabric. Thanks...

Melinda in Tulsa 07-31-2010 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by penny doty
I already sent a email to them, as we have a wal mart opening in Sept. Now if I could just get SSS I would be set. God bless. Penny

Penny, it took my DH 4 years and 3 appeals and going to court to get his disability. We went thru everything we had for retirement and him being unable to work before they finally gave it to him. What ever you do, keep appealing. They like to weed out by not approving people and it seems that only those that stay persistant get disability. Good luck to you.

Janis 08-06-2010 10:06 PM

I just cut and pasted this link and sent a message to Walmart at walmart.com to let them know how disappointed I am in losing our fabric department recently and that the pre-folds won't work for what we want. I know since they no longer have fabric that I don't go in the store as often. I'm finding other stores that have the other things at the same or cheaper prices and am staying away from the store more. So there, TAKE THAT WALMART!!!!! If you return the fabric department, I'll be back!!

jojo47 08-10-2010 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by pam1966
That would be really great! I'm lucky enough that my WM still carries fabric. I just found some very nice quality VIP prints there for 4.94 a yard. The same type of fabric at the hancock's here would cost much more.

Same here in SW MN. Our local WM underwent a remodel a couple of years ago, and the fabric department manager asked all of her customers to send requests to keep the fabrics...It worked, because we can still get fabric there. The department is a little smaller, but there's a lot packed into it! They've even added some batiks...and do have some nice quilting cottons in the $4.44 - $4.94 range. Some of the $2/yd fabric is also quite nice.

ginnyk 08-10-2010 06:49 AM

Thank you for the positive feedback about requests. They can never hurt. They ARE counted by category and noted. The response is "canned" but they do matter. Every vote counts. If we remain silent and only complain to each other, nothing will be accomplished. They just haven't gotten the clue that quilting has become big business and they definitely do care if we vote with our pocketbooks. We go in for a yard of fabric and leave the store with a cart full of groceries.

Janis 08-10-2010 11:06 AM

I wrote Walmart and got back, and I quote from their response to my 3-mail, they are

"converting the the fabrics and crafts department in some stores to a newly expanded assortment of merchandise that focuses on life's celebrations. We are thrilled to offer our customers this exciting new crafts and celebrations center that makes available craft and party planning needs along with information on current trends and new ideas in the area of life's celebrations, such as holidays, weddings, and birthdays."

They will still have the 'notions' department that will have sewing machines, yarns, needles, thread, etc. They will continue to carry 'cut fabric' in most of their stores. By 'cut fabric' I think they mean fabric in bulk amounts that they find fit to carry.
How many of us have parties that we need to go to Walmart to get ideas and supplies that we can't find every where else? WE SEW, and can't go just everywhere for fabric. I don't want to have to buy a 3 yard length of fabric if I just need a yard of something, and if I need 4-5 yards of fabric, I don't want to have to get it in 2 pieces for what I need.
As far as I'm concerned, Walmart will see less of me as I find other places to get the other things I got there when I went in to 'check out what new fabric has come in.

I even attached a link to this thread when I sent my e-mail. Maybe they will read it. Send it again, any of you this wish to do so. It can't hurt, and maybe it will open their eyes to see that we do sew and quilt and buy fabric and other things when we go to check out the fabrics.