Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Walmart Fabrics (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/walmart-fabrics-t1882.html)

savannah 08-15-2007 08:44 AM

:( Does anyone have any information about the fabric depts being removed in the new stores Walmart is opening and closing the existing ones in the near future. I know in my store the quality is continuing to decline.

danna738 08-15-2007 09:27 AM

Our store discontinued fabric a few months ago. As the stores remodel, they will be taking most of the craft items from the store. We have LOTS of scrapbooking supplies, a small selection of yarn, and some thread, but that is about it. They didn't even put the fabric on sale, just sent what was left to another store. I used to enjoy shopping at Wal-Mart, but no longer. I buy very few items there and only when necessary.

ccbear66 08-15-2007 12:09 PM

go to the top of this page and click on search, type in Walmart. We have several thread that are talking about this.
Our Walmart has just remodeled and they did keep some of the fabric but only about 1/2 of what they had before. I really thankful that they didn't get rid of it all together.

Beeflower20022002 09-06-2007 07:43 PM

:? I'm surprised this one's not at the top, Ours is going out soon and when the Fabric goes we go out the door ah but I will be where ever the fabric is online, in catalogs, there are many other choices since it was said it might be and I guess it is in most of the country, I wonder why wm is soooo Stupid but I go to the ones that have fabrics still and when I go to a sc that doesn't I spend Lots LESS Money because there's NO FABRIC!!! Hello ??? WALMART Do You have a Brain?????? MMMMMM????? We're out in the wooded area here so it's a 30mile or a 40 mile trip to a wm in the first place. But we don't have Joanne's unless they have one online??? Don't know if wm bought them I won't buy there anyway. Goodnite!!!Bbj

patricej 09-07-2007 01:30 AM

rumor has it that top management includes a few people hired away from Target. watch the target commercials. we are definitely NOT the demographic they cater to. now look around your local walmart at the new merchandise (and prices). sure makes the rumors ring true.

our wm kept its fabrics after the remodel but i'm not counting on it always being there. i don't like shopping online for fabric. it's a bigger gamble than Vegas. prices for the same fabrics vary from site to site by as much as 50%. it takes ages to figure out what to get from which site in order to get the most for my money. but, like so many of us here, i'm an hour from the nearest in-person alternative to walmart, so i'm forcing myself to get used to it.

check the Links and Resources page often. we use it to alert each other when we stumble across reasonable prices and great sales.

jumperfamily 09-07-2007 08:06 PM

When our WM remodeled they kept the fabric dept, but reduced it by half and stuck it back behind the automotive dept. Now it smells like tire rubber back there and unnerving "thump" music is constantly coming from the car stereo dept one row away! It's just not the same.
Shelly

patricej 09-08-2007 12:37 AM

go only when you have a cold, and learn to dance. :lol: :shock: :wink: LOL

live2teach 09-08-2007 12:40 AM

Get a few quilter friends gathered up and everytime you go to the fabric department, start dancing, like you've never danced before. Either they will move it or else you'll just be entertaining them. LOL.

michelle1538 09-08-2007 07:56 PM

I just asked the girl at WM and she said thier fabrics would be gone in 3 years. :?

kd124 09-25-2007 01:09 PM

Our WM was getting pretty low on fabric. Recently my sister and I went to find they were restocking all the shelves and even had some in one of the main aisles. My sister asked about it and they said they were going to do away with the fabric, but are now keeping it.