Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   walmart has precuts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/walmart-has-precuts-t66521.html)

BellaBoo 09-25-2010 12:33 PM

The Walmart near by that has fabric has some cut 18" doll clothes panels and the doll panel that fits the clothes. Some are nightgowns and aprons to fit a child and the doll. Very cute. The other Walmart closest to me has some fat quarters packs and single fat quarters. I asked that dept. manager if she could order the doll panels and she said no other store manager one could order anything other then what she had there in her store. Oh really? I pulled out my phone and showed her the wall of notions, pre packaged fabric, doll panels, and thread racks at the nearby Walmart. She said well, she didn't have the room for all that and still have other craft items. The ones that sit there on the shelf until they are moved to the clearance aisle.

tooMuchFabric 09-25-2010 11:19 PM

You are so right.
And I know for a fact, because I did it myself,
if you get the WM barcode from some item (such as water soluble stabilizer) from one WM store that carries it,
you can ask another WM store which does not carry that item to order it for you (I ordered a whole bolt),
and they not only Can do it,
they are Supposed to do it, even if (and I know this) you have to go to the store's manager for the request.
But it is amazing how sometimes you get really good service and sometimes you can't drag any kind of service out with a rake.

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
The Walmart near by that has fabric has some cut 18" doll clothes panels and the doll panel that fits the clothes. Some are nightgowns and aprons to fit a child and the doll. Very cute. The other Walmart closest to me has some fat quarters packs and single fat quarters. I asked that dept. manager if she could order the doll panels and she said no other store manager one could order anything other then what she had there in her store. Oh really? I pulled out my phone and showed her the wall of notions, pre packaged fabric, doll panels, and thread racks at the nearby Walmart. She said well, she didn't have the room for all that and still have other craft items. The ones that sit there on the shelf until they are moved to the clearance aisle.

moonrise 09-26-2010 01:20 AM

I'm wondering if the fabric department at our nearest Walmart is fixing to get nixed. :( They downsized a couple of years ago, and now they're often out of stock on a lot of stuff. They've brought in some precuts, which might be okay if they were pretty, but the stuff our particular store has is rather beauty-challenged.

The next-nearest Walmart had a fabulous fabric department, but it's gone completely now.

I did manage to snag four rolls of king-size batting this evening. It wasn't really in this week's budget, but Walmart has them cheaper than anyone else does, even ordering online, so I figured I better grab them "while the grabbing was good". I need them for Christmas quilts, so maybe it'll save me some money in the long run. :)