Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   WalMart Newspaper Ad today, Fabrics Are Back PLUS (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/walmart-newspaper-ad-today-fabrics-back-plus-t153880.html)

katsewnsew 09-18-2011 08:28 AM

My Sunday newspaper had a flyer from Walmart today stating that fabrics are back in over 2000 stores. Don't know if that covers your stores (that have removed fabrics), but the good news is that they will match a lower advertised price (competitors) AND They will gladly accept competitors coupons!!! That is great for me since I like to buy batting and Pellon products from them (much closer to me than JoAnns. Also, they are expanding their fabric and supplies assortments!

Candace 09-18-2011 08:32 AM

How do we know which stores have it back? Is there any place on their website that would tell you?

fayzer 09-18-2011 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by katsewnsew
My Sunday newspaper had a flyer from Walmart today stating that fabrics are back in over 2000 stores. Don't know if that covers your stores (that have removed fabrics), but the good news is that they will match a lower advertised price (competitors) AND They will gladly accept competitors coupons!!! That is great for me since I like to buy batting and Pellon products from them (much closer to me than JoAnns. Also, they are expanding their fabric and supplies assortments!

My Walmart still does not have fabric. They also will NOT accept % off coupons. They only accept coupons for a set price. :( :thumbdown: I really wish they would stock fabric again.

laceybritt 09-18-2011 08:47 AM

I live in a rural area and have 3 WalMart's about an hour away in 3 different directions. They have lost a lot of business due to the fabric and food changes made.

Only one still has fabric and not good choices. Believe it ot not they carry no batting at all. I have asked at the other 2 about the fabrics coming back and no one knows.

katsewnsew 09-18-2011 08:56 AM

I went to the website, but no luck in finding out which stores have fabrics and/or will be getting back their fabric selection. So the 2000+ stores advertised in the flyer could just well be the same stores that still have fabric selections. It was a 2 page flyer ad in our newspaper this morning.

leatheflea 09-18-2011 08:56 AM

We have fabric, but its all very thin, not the quality they used to have and thats not saying much.

scrapykate 09-18-2011 09:03 AM

I just saw so fabric at the local walmart, not very much and not place to cut it, so you buy the yardage that is there......

Cosy 09-18-2011 09:03 AM

No fabric at the WM closest to me, but there are 4 others within an hour's drive for me that do carry fabric.. JoAnn's is closer, but Hancock's and HL are about as close as the closest WM that carries fabric.

quilter1943 09-18-2011 09:05 AM

We had the flyer in the Daytona Beach, FL paper also. I have not shopped for fabric at our local store for quite a while. One store that was supposed to get fabric this summer never did. Wish they wuld get better quality.

Originally Posted by leatheflea
We have fabric, but its all very thin, not the quality they used to have and thats not saying much.

romanojg 09-18-2011 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by scrapykate
I just saw so fabric at the local walmart, not very much and not place to cut it, so you buy the yardage that is there......

The WM on Military HWY has always carried fabric and for years it was the only one in this area that had it. Then last week I went to the one on Tidewater/Little Cr Rd and they had some bolts and a small notions isle. Maybe it'll just take time and also they won't stock to much until they see how it will go. The one on Military HWY has a great after Christmas sell; last year I got alot of less than 50 cents a yard.