Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   walmart pre cuts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/walmart-pre-cuts-t127020.html)

wannaquilt1 05-31-2011 11:32 AM

Are these fabrics any good? I just got a bunch of 2 yd cuts for $5.95 each for a quilt and didn't know if the quality was horrible or not. Also, I got 5" charm packs with 100 pieces for $10.97! What a great deal! Do u think they will keep the charms and jelly rolls even when they bring back yardage?

blossom808 05-31-2011 11:37 AM

I bought one pack of fat quarters. I just love it. All the colors were so nice together. I paid 8.99 for it. It has 8 colors in it.

huntannette 05-31-2011 11:38 AM

thy look pretty good quality to me....haven`t bought any there yet...

thepolyparrot 05-31-2011 11:39 AM

I bought some muslin and duck 2yd cuts from walmart.com just to see what the quality was. They're VERY cheap! LOL!!!

I use a lot of muslin, though, so it's not money wasted.

I'd planned to use the duck to make dog beds or cover my huge ironing board, but the fabric isn't tough enough for that. Maybe tote bags, if they're lined and quilted.

huntannette 05-31-2011 11:39 AM

wow ...prices in the States are a lot better than here...

Originally Posted by blossom808
I bought one pack of fat quarters. I just love it. All the colors were so nice together. I paid 8.99 for it. It has 8 colors in it.

wannaquilt1 05-31-2011 11:53 AM

I bought the 2 yard cuts in the solid colors. do you think they are too cheep to make a quilt with? should I return them? I don't want the quilt to fall apart LOL

ontheriver 05-31-2011 11:57 AM

I've used the 2 yd cuts in quilts and not had any problem with them.

wannaquilt1 05-31-2011 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by ontheriver
I've used the 2 yd cuts in quilts and not had any problem with them.

oh thank goodness! I found 4 nice colors and at $3 a yard it's such a great deal!

JulieTN 05-31-2011 12:03 PM

I have heaard both good and bad. Oe of the things of course it is quallity of the actual fabric, and you can FEEL the pieces.
Something I had not thought about is how the fabric is cut from the bolts. This is done with automation. IF the fabric is, or gets shifted, the cuts are out of wack. Wobbly? Not on any form of the straight of grain. Not sure how to explain this well. But it can make the pieces fairly useless.

This is something I will need to keep track of for my baby giveaway quilt though.

Thanks for posting this subject.
Julie?

wannaquilt1 05-31-2011 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by JulieTN
I have heaard both good and bad. Oe of the things of course it is quallity of the actual fabric, and you can FEEL the pieces.
Something I had not thought about is how the fabric is cut from the bolts. This is done with automation. IF the fabric is, or gets shifted, the cuts are out of wack. Wobbly? Not on any form of the straight of grain. Not sure how to explain this well. But it can make the pieces fairly useless.

This is something I will need to keep track of for my baby giveaway quilt though.

Thanks for posting this subject.
Julie?

Oh that is a very good point! I don't think it would matter much for my sampler quilt, but for clothing it would matter alot!