Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Want to make this but I'm short on Fabric (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/want-make-but-im-short-fabric-t18457.html)

maggiebooboo 04-02-2009 09:23 AM

Oh, I guess that is kind of what I was going for with the small red and white print. But I don't really like that particular one with the others.

k3n 04-02-2009 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by maggiebooboo
Oh, I guess that is kind of what I was going for with the small red and white print. But I don't really like that particular one with the others.

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Sorry, I didn't read properly!

But I do like that red and white print with the others!

However I think the best option would be more of the same fabric OR if you can't get any more, make it smaller because the real impact of that pattern is emphasised by the use of just two fabrics; if you're making it with no specific size needed, I think I'd just go for smaller if you couldn't get more fabric. It may not end up THAT much smaller - often patterns give you way over yardage requirements! :D

Sorry again, I'll pay more attention in future before I go jumping in with my big mouth! :oops:

K x

k3n 04-02-2009 09:45 AM

Another thought if you can't get more fabric - you could make the top as big as you've got fabric for then 'audition' the red print for a border - if it doesn't work, don't use it and keep it as a smaller quilt.

K x

maggiebooboo 04-02-2009 09:54 AM

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Sorry, I didn't read properly!

K x

I probably didn't explain my idea well. :-)

k3n 04-02-2009 10:05 AM

No , you DID I insist it was MY FAULT!!!

K x

(WAS - WASN'T - WAS TOO! - WAS NOT! :lol: )

butterflywing 04-02-2009 10:10 AM

what if the first border around was black or some other different color, then red, then white border? the different color would stretch out the real colors.
or the other way around:red border, white border, then finish with black or yellow or whatever

MadQuilter 04-02-2009 10:38 AM

I think on a two-color quilt, it may be noted that a border of a "different" color means you ran out of the main fabrics. If that does not bother you, then add more. Personally, I'd opt to go smaller (you'll be done faster too - lol). This quilt doe not need a border (mho).

maggiebooboo 04-02-2009 12:08 PM

I just got back from Joanns, and they do not have the red anymore. So I think I will just do something completely different with the red and white and get completely different fabric for this one.

Maybe I'll do it in purple and put it in my own bedroom. I was going to put it on the guest bed.

MadQuilter 04-02-2009 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by maggiebooboo
I just got back from Joanns, and they do not have the red anymore. So I think I will just do something completely different with the red and white and get completely different fabric for this one.

A quilter after my own heart......and thusly, the stash grows. lol

Mousie 04-02-2009 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by k3n
No , you DID I insist it was MY FAULT!!!

K x

(WAS - WASN'T - WAS TOO! - WAS NOT! :lol: )

GIRLS, SHHH! do you want the "farm-er" to hear you? lol
nanny-nanny boo-boo, stick your head in d_ d_!...it was them, it was all them...lol, lol, lol... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: