Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Wedding Quilt - Help (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/wedding-quilt-help-t102292.html)

jdeery 02-23-2011 08:02 AM

Okay my nephew is getting married in August. Problem is
I am a traditional quilter. He is marrying a girl that owns a
Tattoo Shop, and they both have a lot of Tattoo's. Any ideas?
I am thinking maybe using Batiks?

kathymarie 02-23-2011 08:04 AM

Batiks, yes...or black and white quilt...maybe with just a touch of red. Find out where they will be living...what their decor will be...what colors she'll have in her wedding....but who are we kidding, here? No matter what color/pattern you decide on I'm sure they will love and cherish it. Good luck...let us know what you decide.

suezquilts 02-23-2011 08:05 AM

T shirt quilt, make a memory of their lives together. totally non traditional.

jdeery 02-23-2011 08:07 AM

Don't know her at all. But that is a thought. And they haven't
been together that long.

kwendt 02-23-2011 08:07 AM

Why don't you simply ask them to pick out the pattern and colors? I love the idea of using batiks... especially those that look like henna tattoos/tribal. You know... the lady might want to design and 'tattoo' her own material for the quilt. That would be especially neat.

fryguymoore 02-23-2011 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by jdeery
Okay my nephew is getting married in August. Problem is
I am a traditional quilter. He is marrying a girl that owns a
Tattoo Shop, and they both have a lot of Tattoo's. Any ideas?
I am thinking maybe using Batiks?

Never judge a girl by her tatoos!!!! She may very well want a traditional quilt. I agree that you should ask her or him :)

Charleen DiSante 02-23-2011 08:21 AM

I agree about asking her. It would be a great opportunity to get to know her better too. You could enlist her help to create something. If she feels you need her help it may serve to open the doors to communication. Just some thoughts. When my daughter, now 32, got a tattoo I didn't like it but she was still her sweet self. Oh, and she wants a black and white with grays quilt for her wedding gift in September.

sharon b 02-23-2011 08:25 AM

Ask, you might be surprised that they would like a traditional quilt.

A quick story my niece was always "different" ( we never knew what color her hair would be) and married a guy ( very sweet, gentle, wonderful) who is into tatoos and so is my niece- their first child a girl, they did the room in pinks and princesses :shock: I said Sarah this isn't WILD, she said nope she wanted the traditional stuff :lol:

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 02-23-2011 08:36 AM

I agree you should ask. We recently had family pictures made. The family in front of us had a Mom and a Dad COVERED in tattoos. Full sleeves on both of them and even some facial tattoos and more piercings than you could count. They had three little boys in suits and a girl dressed in a party dress that they brought in for the pictures. Apparently, under those tattoos beats the heart of a traditional person.

sueisallaboutquilts 02-23-2011 09:50 AM

I agree to ask. Makes it a whole lot easier for you! :)