Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Well, Call Me an Idiot... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/well-call-me-idiot-t76337.html)

Quiltforme 11-14-2010 08:28 PM

Yeah I did that yesteday paying for it today! Hope you feel better in the morning!

Pickles 11-14-2010 08:47 PM

I feel your pain also for the last two days now my left wrist and shoulder has me about crying in pain, I went and picked me up some heat pads today so hope it well help, I sure hope you get to feeling good soon :D

watterstide 11-15-2010 02:43 AM

i also have fibro, and i sew for an hour and take a break..
pacing myself has been the hardest part of my life. i used to be a type A personality..i have learned that no matter how bad i want to get things done..i have to stop and relax..

i have literally put big stones in my garden,split it up visually, and I do not go past the stone/rock. NO matter how good i feel. life is to short to put myself in pain and bed for a few days..
the spring is the hardest..you just want to get in there and touch the dirt and plants.

although when i am sewing, the tv is on, and it is basicly just noise..i use it to pace myslf. 1 hour/show, then break..cup of tea,check emails, stretch. use a timer, clipped to your shirt. ( i am not allowed to cook when no one else is home, unless i clip the times to myself)
blessings my dear quilty friend..

homeagain2010 11-15-2010 03:58 AM

Take it from me, you are NOT an idiot. As a fellow sufferer from FMS, I have learned a few things over the years that work well for me.I take naproxen sodium - Aleve- before I start on anything that will stress my muscles. I stretch and take more breaks and make sure I don't overdo. I know, you felt great when you started, but that is when we tend to overdo and suffer later.Like you, I have 3 quilts to make before X-mas and I haven't even started cutting yet ! Good luck to you and get lots of rest. Gina in MI.

Nanjun 11-15-2010 04:18 AM

I think all of us older people have fibromyalgia and arthritis
Some days I can sit and sew all day then I pay for it next day. Hope you can get your quilts done and mailed soon.

Jo M 11-15-2010 05:46 AM

Well, I'd never call anyone that, cuz that would make me one too. I do the same thing...can't help it either.

Mariposa 11-15-2010 05:53 AM

I can relate! I have fibro too. Yes we do tend to push ourselves too much, but we just don't want to quit until it is finished!
The Magnesium Malate is wonderful, as well as Chondroiton/Glucosamine. Feel better soon! :)

sandpat 11-15-2010 06:14 AM

So sorry for the pain...I hate when that happens! I keep forgetting that I'm no longer 17...:roll:

moonangel12 11-15-2010 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
So sorry for the pain...I hate when that happens! I keep forgetting that I'm no longer 17...:roll:

That's how old I was when I was diagnosed with Fibro :thumbdown:

SharonC 11-15-2010 06:34 AM

:) Hope you're feeling better. In the excitement of a new quilt we often forget to do what we know we ought to do. Can't wait to see the quilts :) :)