Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Well, I feel stupid!!!... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/well-i-feel-stupid-t61564.html)

QuiltedComforts 08-26-2010 06:54 PM

My grandma sent me her old Kenmore Mini Ultra a couple of years ago. I never really used it much due to the fact that it would freeze up all the time. Well, a couple weeks ago I was teaching my 9 year old how to sew on it and almost threw it through a wall, it had me so frustrated. I pulled it out today and started taking it apart to try and see if I could get it to work... I was looking around, moving the wheel trying to see if something was bent and something white caught my eye...
THERE WAS A PACKING PEANUT STUCK IN THE TOP!!! I feel really dumb now, lol! I've been easily quilting rag quilt blocks for the past hour and a half while my embroidery machine is running. It works great now!!!

Jim's Gem 08-26-2010 06:55 PM

Glad you got it running!!!

skydiver70 08-26-2010 07:00 PM

Great.... keeping right on sewing and quilting. Have fun. That's about what happened to my HP printer a while back. It would hang up and stop printing. I finally found that the cat had been playing with a coke lid and it had gotten back in the printer. I had already decided it was gone, before I found the lid. So don't feel stupid.

GrammaNan 08-26-2010 07:01 PM

Don't feel stupid! I haven't sewn on my Singer for a few weeks, I went down tonight to sew an Autumn panel. The machine would go backwards but not forwards. I was so mad I took the whole machine apart and oiled everything that moved and it still wouldn't move forward. I leaned in real close and listened as I turned the wheel. I kept hearing a click noise. Guess what was wrong? I had it in the bobbing winding position!!!! That's all it was! I put the machine back together and had only one bolt and one washer left LOL!

Camiyamoto 08-26-2010 07:01 PM

You may feel stupid, but just think - you didn't have to hear about the peanut from the repairman! I have a featherweight driving me nuts...I'd LOVE to find a packing peanut in it, if that would would solve the problem!

Sadiemae 08-26-2010 07:25 PM

Who would look for a peanut? Don't feel stupid.

Terri C 08-26-2010 07:30 PM

Glad the fix was so simple, just wish you could have found it before it got the best of you. :)

mrspete 08-26-2010 07:38 PM

snicker, grammanan, I do that. Then,next time I get those left overs out and sometimes they disappear when I've reassembled. Amazing, huh?

Blessings,
Ruth

np3 08-26-2010 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltedComforts
My grandma sent me her old Kenmore Mini Ultra a couple of years ago. I never really used it much due to the fact that it would freeze up all the time. Well, a couple weeks ago I was teaching my 9 year old how to sew on it and almost threw it through a wall, it had me so frustrated. I pulled it out today and started taking it apart to try and see if I could get it to work... I was looking around, moving the wheel trying to see if something was bent and something white caught my eye...
THERE WAS A PACKING PEANUT STUCK IN THE TOP!!! I feel really dumb now, lol! I've been easily quilting rag quilt blocks for the past hour and a half while my embroidery machine is running. It works great now!!!

I hope you at least got a chuckle out ot this. We all have those kinds of stories.

Colbaltjars62 08-26-2010 08:05 PM

Glad you got it running. I'm sure Grandma is very proud to know your using it.
Now off topic for a second. I used to live by the Puyallup fair grounds. Has anything changed there? I have been gone now almost 3 years.
Faith
:-D