Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Went to Joanne's with my 60% off coupon today!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/went-joannes-my-60%25-off-coupon-today-t60425.html)

harrishwhippets 08-20-2010 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by bsquilter
I was at Joann's with my 70% off coupon when they opened this AM. At check out, the clerk rang it up from the fabric ticket. I showed her my coupon. She asked if there was a sale sign. I replied no and it wasn't in their sale ads either. She sold it to me for $10.99 a yard minus 70%. Now, to start quilting the pile of charity quilts waiting for batting.

Does this mean you got batting? Batting at my store was $10.99 marked down to $5.99 so I could not use my coupon on batting, and they kept mine so there is no reusing. Really glad you got a great buy!!!

mcdaniel023 08-20-2010 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by sarge1
I have a 70% off; was thinking of just getting a quilt book maybe, those never seem to be on sale

They are on sale now. Sorry.

sewfunquilts 08-20-2010 06:25 PM

Thanks to whomever started this subject..as I was starting to feel like it was just me when Joann's did the coupon thing and everything that I wanted to buy was on sale. I try not to let any of their coupons waste, or expire, so as a last resort, I use them for buying thread, or some new needles. Anything I can to save on costs.

tcnmom 08-20-2010 06:38 PM

I had a 70% coupon and couldn't find anything expensive that wasn't on sale. Put the bolt of wool batting in my cart and trying to turn the corner, I bumped into a sewing cabinet. Price $230. Found the manager and asked if I could use my coupon on it. He checked and I could. I got the cabinet for $69. The picture on the box looks good with a drawer, lower cabinet with door and side table for serger. Drop table in back when raised would be great for quilting. Waiting for my grandson to come over and put it together for me. Hope it's sturdy. Anyone have one or seen one?

Quilt Fan 08-20-2010 07:10 PM

I went to Joanne's with my 60% off coupon also. Many fabrics were marked 1.00 off so the coupon could not be used. Batiks were not marked down at all so 60% off of 12.00 was a good deal. This coupon is good through Sunday only. Thread is 50% off this week end without a coupon.

Originally Posted by harrishwhippets
OK I know we all had wish list's with our coupons and I'm wanting to hear from those who go, how well you did. I was a little miffed that everything, and I mean everything on my list was on sale. I finally bought a 20 yard bolt of fusible pellon that I use for T-shirt quilts and may try it with a few hand bag patterns if I use Cotton and may not want to quilt it. I probably should have bought minke cause it was not on sale @13.99 a yard, but I couldn't remember what colors I have and did not want to repeat a color. I even tried to buy black Kona which I use a lot of black and white Kona, but they didn't have much on any rolls, only like a couple of yards or so and it looked beat in both stores. So I came home with my pellon and guess I saved a little. Please tell me that some of you made out better than I did. I usually do better when they have a 50% off coupon now and than cause they have a larger selection of my items. GOOD LUCK!!!

sewfunquilts 08-20-2010 07:55 PM

That is so cool..........and you've got a great cabinet for low price......yay! I love to hear those stories.

Originally Posted by tcnmom
I had a 70% coupon and couldn't find anything expensive that wasn't on sale. Put the bolt of wool batting in my cart and trying to turn the corner, I bumped into a sewing cabinet. Price $230. Found the manager and asked if I could use my coupon on it. He checked and I could. I got the cabinet for $69. The picture on the box looks good with a drawer, lower cabinet with door and side table for serger. Drop table in back when raised would be great for quilting. Waiting for my grandson to come over and put it together for me. Hope it's sturdy. Anyone have one or seen one?

sherrill 08-21-2010 03:21 AM

I got a 70% off too and am certain that anything I might want is on sale already.Not a nice way to do business.

damaquilts 08-21-2010 03:32 AM

I didn't even look at the mailers this time. Too much other stuff going on. Glad I didn't throw it out. my daughter gets one too so I always have 2 coupons plus if there is an email one.
I just scratched mine off and I got 80% on mine whoopy. Now if I can get something that's not on sale.I got a Joann's gift card for $25 for my birthday. I wonder how much batting I can get with that.

stitchin 08-21-2010 03:34 AM

I've gone armed with a coupon and left without a purchase. Joann needs to change their policy about coupons. My scratch off was 40%.

Christal 08-21-2010 03:41 AM

I never have any luck with Joanne's and coupons. I needed thread and rotary blades so of course used the coupon on blades. The thread was 5.99 a spool, connecting threads has the same thing for 2.00. It was one of those things that I needed it now and couldn't wait. Grrrrrr.
I bought my cutting table at Joanne's and it is the biggest piece of junk, I am saving my pennies for a nice one.