Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What am I missing in this brainstorm????? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-am-i-missing-brainstorm-t44368.html)

kay carlson 04-29-2010 06:46 PM

Now that I've retired, I decided to upgrade the ceiling lighting fixtures and ceiling tiles in our lower level family room. We rarely use the room, but after seeing how wonderful the space is lit with natural and overhead lighting, I'd be crazy to not use this as my sewing room.

I could take two bookcases downstairs to hold all of my 3-ring notebooks and quilting books/ magazines.

The antique pie safe could hold misc. items and my two portable rolling chests provide plenty of storage for tools and offer counter height cutting surfaces.

My sewing table is portable. I could use a rectangular folding table as a surface for my Big Board.

My fabric stash will remain upstairs in a hallway closet - clean and away from sunlight. I can easily "shop" upstairs and keep clutter to a minimum.

I would have access to radio, tv and phone. My husband and I could also visit by using two rocking chairs.

I would just love to leave my projects in one area and not have the clutter on our main level......not to mention the spillovers from my cramped sewing quarters in our laundry room.

What haven't I considered? Your input will be treasured!!

Thank you, in advance :-)

nursie76 04-29-2010 06:48 PM

Wow! I think you have thought of everything! It sounds ideal!

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 04-29-2010 06:50 PM

Lots of plug-ins? Maybe room for a design wall? Easily cleaned floor? A good closing door so any little ones that come around can be banished?

Born2Sew 04-29-2010 06:50 PM

Sounds like a perfect place to me! The lighting, available space, radio/tv, (the phone I could do without), what more do you need?

katmom54 04-29-2010 06:59 PM

mini fridge

amma 04-29-2010 07:09 PM

Tv and/or stereo :D:D:D

kay carlson 04-29-2010 07:09 PM

Plenty of electrical outlets, beautiful view of the lake, just a short trip upstairs to the microwave oven and fridge,don't have many kiddies visiting, wall-to-wall light carpeting (off-white)--- could buy another floor vac for this level.

Yes, there is room for the dish of chocolate candies :-)

Dog hasn't been a problem: shih tzu is non-shedding and he would be happy to camp out on a comfy chair where he could look outside. Hehe

bkb 04-29-2010 07:11 PM

computer so when you take a break you can come read the board

Teacup 04-29-2010 07:14 PM

A LARGE ironing surface, not a regular board. If floor space is tight and hubby is handy maybe he could create a wall-mounted drop-down board that could be folded up when not needed. I only have a standard ironing board...would love to have a bigger suface.

sharon b 04-29-2010 08:12 PM

Small coffee maker ?

Sounds wonderful already :mrgreen: Carpeting might make getting the threads swept up a bit harder , but other than that can't think of any reason you haven't already moved everything down there .

Are you done yet ? LOL