Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What is the appea of Yellow Brick Road pattern? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-appea-yellow-brick-road-pattern-t104914.html)

gwanma 03-06-2011 02:38 AM

WunderMar you are sooo clever...love the one with the blue border!

daisydebby 03-06-2011 05:39 AM

Great posts. I think with any pattern color choice is key. This pattern is super easy for a beginner and super quick for someone who needs to whip up a quilt in a hurry. I've made several. The "too scrappy" looked horrible as the pieces are fairly large. The quilts that I kept "color controlled scrappy" were much better. Sorry no pics...everything was given away. It's a great charity quilt pattern.

Subee 03-06-2011 10:51 AM

I have used the "Just can't Cut It" book too. Easy for BEAUTIFUL fabric

Originally Posted by Mumzbear
I am making a "Yellow Brick Road" now but it is pretty....depents on the fabrics you use.
My favorite for a quick quilt is "Just Can't Cut It". It is so quick and has been pretty in several different color combinations I have made.

milikaa1 03-06-2011 10:55 AM

I got my pattern book free at my quilt store in town.....that quilt is on my to do list.

bmorawitz 03-06-2011 11:58 AM

It is not one of my favorites - but I agree for a beginner it is probably a fun quilt to do.. and I think it has alot to do with the fabrics that are chosen..

scrappylady 03-06-2011 01:14 PM

I have this pattern have made two twin size quilts from it. But where did it get the name???? I couldn't get a handle on that one. It seemed to be a real pain to put together, but it also was one of my first patterns to do. The second quilt I did in wine colors and called it" The road to the winery" because it nearly drove me to drink!!! I like simple and that one is and isn't simple to do, if that makes sense.

Jbarrow 03-06-2011 01:52 PM

It is a matter of choice...I have this pattern, don't know why it is named YBR, other than it has lots of yellow...It is a easy pattern but also fun, in that you can do it in scrapy fabrics also...I have this quilt on my bed and love it...didn't do it in yellow and blue...it's pink, blue green, beige and some other colors...I might someday do another one, maybe lap size not king as the first on ....so it's a matter of like or don't like...

Jbarrow 03-06-2011 01:53 PM

I didn't have a problem until I was trying to follow the picture and the pattern...they didn't match...

joann hussey 03-06-2011 03:04 PM

Its all in the name, made it in different colors for a baby quilt

steelecg 03-06-2011 03:48 PM

this is a pattern that has been around for a while. I am a little disturbed that it is bashed. I think that if someone likes it and wants to buy the pattern that is just dandy. If I don't like a pattern, I don't have to buy it. Let's not just bash because we don't see why someone would use it - I happen to like it and find it useful to do in a hurry.