Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What is in this case and how do I get it out? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-case-how-do-i-get-out-t156922.html)

catmcclure 10-01-2011 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by leatheflea
Wish I lived closer my son can pick just about any lock, dont ask me how I know and no Im not proud of him for it but it does come in handy. He learned how to do it when he was 12. Public schools teach our kids wonderful hobbies!

My son has always been a car guy. He can get into any car and repair most of them. When he was 13 I bought an old BMW at a junk yard and gave it to him. He bought a $15 manual, repaired it, and sold it for $500.

Because he could break into anything, my son-in-law always called him "My Brother-in-law the Car Thief."

Eldene 10-01-2011 06:21 PM

Did you notice their is no numbers on the tension...only a screw you turn. I have a 1935 Feather Weight and the tension is just like that. You certainly have a beauty. Enjoy!!!

GailG 10-02-2011 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by leatheflea
Wish I lived closer my son can pick just about any lock, dont ask me how I know and no Im not proud of him for it but it does come in handy. He learned how to do it when he was 12. Public schools teach our kids wonderful hobbies!

I don't mean to be "starting something" but it's too bad you had an unpleasant experience. I'm sorry for your situation and I pray for your son, but....Please don't bash the public schools. I gave my life for 33 years to the public education of kids from all kinds of homes and families. I know you probably said that in jest. They learn a lot at home watching TV and using the computer, too. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. In my career I've taught future college professors, accountants, successful farmers, teachers, moms and dads, rapists, alcoholics, murderers, and the list goes on.

I've already seen those keys at antique shops and flea markets.

laalaaquilter 10-02-2011 09:06 AM

OMG!!!!

Gorgeous!!!

Originally Posted by Mamagus
Here she is in all her glory! Serial Number says she was manufactured in 1934.

What a beauty!

Jersey Gal 10-02-2011 09:31 AM

That's a nice looking Singer. Do you have any idea of it's age?

pbreon 10-02-2011 10:00 AM

What a beauty!

WOW!!!!!! what a great find!!! :thumbup:

Nana Piecemaker 10-02-2011 10:03 AM

She's georgous. I have her twin sister (I call her the cranky girl) Was able to interest sons in sewing by "allowing" them to "be the engine" when we lived in Alaska. They cranked (while making engine noises) I sewed. Hope your beauty makes you as happy as mine does.

carslo 10-02-2011 10:04 AM

What a beauty!

You have scored but how many brews did it take just kidding I see the Canadian? on the table!

Dena789 10-02-2011 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA

Originally Posted by Miss Priss
Left opens, right locks

[le]ft [o]pens - [ri]ght [lo]cks = leo-rilo
Maybe I can remember that!

Jan in VA

I was always taught "Lefty loosey, Righty tighty"

Easy to remember and always works!

I have a dome top machine that I received after an aunt passed. Nobody else wanted it so (lucky me) I got it!! Mine is a bit newer and is missing the knee lever that actuates the motor. Anyone know where I might find one of those?

garysgal 10-02-2011 12:00 PM

My husband is a lock smith. He says try a skeleton Key. that should do it.