Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What chair do you use?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-chair-do-you-use-t18635.html)

Jim's Gem 04-06-2009 07:46 PM

I have a really good chair. We bought 2 of them from my local Fabric store where I bought my sewing machine cabinet. Not sure of the brand name of the chair. It has wheels and back adjustment along with height adjustment. Unfortunately one of the chairs broke, it's in the post part, so I need to get a new post or something. They were expensive, around 150 maybe? We need to get the other one fixed, for that price they need to last longer than 18 mos. Anyway I love my chair and I move it to where I am, whether the computer or sewing machine. It might be a "Sew Fit" or something like that. I don't remember and they don't say on them what they are.

tlrnhi 04-06-2009 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Ducky
Moonpi, I don't think it is lazy! If you think about it, we do so much shifting from sewing to ironing to cutting table that it is best to have wheels. (I like arms because I sit and stare at what I have made...make sense????)

I don't have the arms, don't like them on the sewing chair. Tried my computer chair with arms and they seem to get in the way........

tlrnhi 04-06-2009 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Ducky
Sorry. I meant to address the last statement to tlrnhi. :oops:

It's ok Ducky...we all make mistakes....seems neither I nor Moon caught it lol

Jim's Gem 04-06-2009 07:55 PM

I don't have arms on mine either. They would get in the way. Sure is nice cause it rolls and turns and I can just swing around and roll a couple of feet to my ironing table.

G-Maw Wilda 04-06-2009 07:56 PM

I use a computer chair also, it makes it really nice to roll from the sewing machine to my serger when I am making clothing.

I have been making reversible vest for some girls that show in horseshows.

I also like to rest my feet on the legs, it is more comfortable for me when I am sewing.

tlrnhi 04-06-2009 08:00 PM

Since my feet don't hit the floor, I have an old bed pillow that I have folded in half, sewed the ends together and rest my feet on that when I have to do the dreaded rip it, rip it

fabuchicki 04-06-2009 08:14 PM

DH got me a chair at a used office supply place. A nice computer chair (rolls) with no arms. I have my machine on a table and it has an acrylic extender table on it so it's high up. I keep the chair at it's top setting and it's perfect. Only $30 and very comfortable.

Tippy 04-06-2009 08:24 PM

I cut sitting in a straight backed chair at my sewing table, but I frequently sit, chaise style on the couch and piece..lol...ahhh, the joys of hand piecing..lol. :P

k3n 04-06-2009 11:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've just taken over what used to be DH's study as he now works at his laptop on the dining table - it's a tiny room about 6' x 8' at the most, oh wait, I'll take a picture; and my chair is his leather office chair, on wheels and it goes up and down. It's really comfy and I used the sewing machine for the first time yesterday - I could whizz the few feet to the ironing board and back, great fun and very practical!

K x

Teeny tiny sewing room!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]31387[/ATTACH]

Ninnie 04-07-2009 01:20 AM

i use a good desk chair that I can raise up and down. Also has rollers on it. I quilt in a floor frame so it is nice to be able to roll back and forth. I also like raising it at the sewing machine to get a little higher over needle. Ninnie in NC