Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What deal! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-deal-t156533.html)

Annaleehunter 09-29-2011 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by ccrow99

Originally Posted by Digitizingqueen
Actually Walmart is starting to bring the fabric depts back because they say it was a bad Business decision to take them out - I have been to three in the last few weeks and they all have fabric again some of them barely had crafts so my understanding is they are bring it back....

Absolutely right!! I went to Wal-mart and they were feverishly moving their "craft dept." to the other side of the store. I asked the associate what was going on and she said that due to the negative outcry on places like this board, twitter and facebook, they saw the error of their ways and are bringing back the the FULL fabric departments in all their glory! They already had approx 100 bolts of all kinds of fabric. Hope she knew what she was talking about, she said she had worked at the store for years, so kinda think she's right.

Let's hope that full fabric departments come with real, full-time cutters. I had to ask someone in automotive page someone to cut my fabric last time I attempted to buy fabric at WM. After 20 minutes I walked away.

doll-lady 09-29-2011 04:23 AM

great deal for you.

MimiLinda 09-29-2011 04:28 AM

I'd say "You Got The BEST Deal Of The Day". Congrats. :thumbup: :thumbup:

doglover 09-29-2011 04:37 AM

I don't understand what my local WalMart is doing. I have made a daily trip in there for the past month just to check to see if they are getting fabric back. Each day there is one (1) pre-packaged pack of material out. If that pack sells, the next day a new one is out, if that one does not sell, a new one does not appear but will stay for days. One day I caught a person stacking shelves and asked if they had any more pre-packaged fabric to be put out and she said no and rushed away. Is anyone else finding this happeneing? I believe they get daily shipments but does the truck only bring one pre-packaged pack of fabric a day?
doglover

gigi4419 09-29-2011 04:37 AM

Good Deal!

QuilterGary 09-29-2011 04:38 AM

Good Deal

Tweety2911 09-29-2011 05:03 AM

Way to go!

nwm50 09-29-2011 05:20 AM

Good Deals ! Wish mine would mark their's down...it's like $7

nwm50 09-29-2011 05:21 AM

Doglover....talk to the manager and tell them what you just said and request they put them all out.

oldcottontop 09-29-2011 05:58 AM

Good deal!!!!!!

I was in my walmart last week picking up some fat qrs. I asked the clerk to check to see if they were still $1.27 each as some of their prices have been going up. She said they were $.97 ea. and that every other day they would be on sale for $.97 each. She said they were trying to get rid of they older ones to make room for the new ones. A couple days later that I was in walmart and picking up some more fat qrs and when I checked out I asked the clerk to check and see if they were still on sale. Only one of them rang up as $.97 and the others $1.27. I told her I didn't want them if they were $1.27. She said no problem and gave them all to me for $.97.

So, it does pay to ask.....I need to ask about the precuts.